Thread: Fins 40g

Fins 40g

Any of you guys used Fins 40g ? I ordered some 25 lb test and so far it has been amazing. Handles like mono but no stretch and its dead quiet through the guides!!! Any experience with this?

2. Banned
    Their 'Windtamer™' line is fintastic for Frogging.. Cuts right through a 2-club wind like a dream. I don't use any Flo. lines..

Just looked on TW and saw only two types of Fins braid, neither called 40g. The Windtamer sounds promising, and similar to PP Slick8. I Googled for "Fins 40g fishing line" and found their website. https://www.finsfishing.com/

4. Member
    Yea Walkabout7781 I ordered it from Tackle Direct TW doesn’t carry it! It’s great stuff!!!

I like their XS, felt that it was very similar to most every other 8 strand braid I've tried if not maybe a little smoother and limper than some out there. The main thing I like about it is that it's available in orange which is really easy for me to see on the waters I fish. Never tried the 40g though. I'm having a hard time envisioning it. You said it handles like mono but with no stretch. Fins calls it a braid....does it feel like mono when you run it through your fingers? Is it clear? I'm actually really intrigued now.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

6. Member
    It is white or blue it feels like silk and it is silent through the guides. No stretch and its so supple. It handles better than almost all of the copolymer lines Ive tried.