Crack!!! (One thing after another)

I was just under my transom taking pictures of transducers for a different post and my eyes happened upon this crack in my left PP base mount (if that's the correct word). I've only owned boat a few months and only lowered them once to make sure they worked. Boat is garage kept in a position nothing could ever collide with poles. I'm dumbfounded. I registered them on website several weeks ago. I don't know if crack existed before I bought boat or could have just happened from vibrations running the boat ( which I've only done 3 times). I guess I'll start this process in motion along with the others. I took a decade off from owning a bass boat. Forgot how fun it is
    Anyone seen this before? I haven't read a lot of posts on the pp/talon forum yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    That is for sure a crack in your stern bracket, give Power pole a call provide pictures they will most likely get a new stern bracket shipped right out. I've heard of it happening with violent strikes to a garage door opening not tall enough to clear poles. Could have been as simple as a casting issue w that one bracket. Rest assured they will take care of you and make it right.

3. Banned
    Contact power pole, if they are the company they claim to be I bet they ship you a new mount.

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jtracc View Post
    Contact power pole, if they are the company they claim to be I bet they ship you a new mount.
    oh they are..no if's about it..

5. Member
    I'm glad to hear that. I know the thing didn't take a blow if any type the short time I've had the boat. And the previous owner is a stand up guy that would have told me had he known. It doesn't stand out unless you're laying on back looking up. But I still thought I would have caught it.

6. Member
    Let us know but I am positive that they will replace it at no cost

7. Member
    I look at a new boat today and NOTICED a second bracket on the Power pole mount. I went in and ask dealer what is was, he stated that PP now RECOMMENDS the new extra support bracket on anything that runs over 60 mph because of harmonics “ vibrations “ in the mount. MAYBE THIS HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH YOUR SITUATION. by the way I ordered a set for mine
    2016 Phoenix 920,Garmin's 7600's, Power Poles,Lithium Pros,Rigid Industries

8. BBC SPONSOR
    I hope we were able to get this replaced for you, it would be covered under warranty to the original owner but I hope we replaced it for you.

The addition of a brace to the adapter plate will not prevent this. We see this every so often and it is from force being applied to the unit while in the stowed position. More than likely the previous owner backed the unit into something while the anchor was stowed. This can happen without the user knowing and if it happens at a low speed more than likely damage would not be noticed anywhere else on the anchor. Good news is, we would typically cover any damage, regardless of the cause under the 5 year warranty as long as it does not look like obvious neglect.

Harmonics and vibration will not cause this, and we do not recommend the brace for these reasons. The brace is only needed for use with a 10' Blade to extra support, although it can be used with any anchor model if desired.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you still need to get some parts or have not resolved the issue. branden@powerpole.com

9. Member
    I have spoken with A2O in Jeffersonville IN about it. They are a PP warranty center. I have worked with Pierce there before on another issue (not related to pp). They seem great. He asked for and I sent pictures from every angle of the crack. He said the parts have been ordered and he will contact me when they arrive and I can bring boat in then. I'm cool with that for it's not an emergency. I'm just glad to hear all the positive chatter about pp customer service. I just want to get this new (to me) boat as close to brand new as I can. This crack is obvious with my flash camera taking picture from underneath. But you could look at it all day long from above or straight on and have no clue the crack exists.
    My boat definitely runs over 60 so should they be putting an extra support bracket on it? Thanks for the follow ups.

10. Banned
    Cast junk...

11. Member
    They are one of the best companies out there always go above and beyond to help the customer out.

12. Member
    Thank you Brandon. I have all my threads saved and glad to have a contact. I've read on so many threads on boat comparisons that a boat is only as good as who backs it up when issues arise. The same can be said about shallow water systems. Even though I've yet to actually use them to fish, it's good to know I'm going to get a clean start on that aspect of this new to me boat.

13. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    There is no better company in the marine industy period. Power Pole goes above and beyond everytime.

14. Member
    What if I am going down the highway at 75 or down the lake at 60

15. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Don C View Post
    What if I am going down the highway at 75 or down the lake at 60
    The dealer that stated that to 6xd was misinformed and that is a false statement. Please disregard..

16. Member
    So even being the most reasonable of the reasonable in patience, has it been long enough to have a stern bracket shipped and installed since I posted this thread? I texted pictures that very evening per request of the service manager at the local shop. I've been in contact with my local warranty store on the weekly and have been reassured that they will be in contact when they're ready to replace the bracket. Something just doesnt feel right at all. This seems like a simple appointment to get fixed. I have been using them the last few days and they work fine.

17. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by BassCatKev View Post
    So even being the most reasonable of the reasonable in patience, has it been long enough to have a stern bracket shipped and installed since I posted this thread? I texted pictures that very evening per request of the service manager at the local shop. I've been in contact with my local warranty store on the weekly and have been reassured that they will be in contact when they're ready to replace the bracket. Something just doesnt feel right at all. This seems like a simple appointment to get fixed. I have been using them the last few days and they work fine.

As a dealer myself I respectfully will not assume whats going on with the dealer your working with. When it comes to addressing the cracked stern bracket and replacement I can say its a pretty straight forward fix. I don't believe its an issue with Power Pole supplying the part. Not that you should have to do the labor yourself but I will just throw this out there. Your original post was made on 2/13 it now 3/24. I have 3 black blade stern brackets in stock and am more than happy to send you one if you want to swap it out yourself. If I was to guess I would say it will take you 30 mins to swap this part out if you have never done it.

Again, I don't want to get in the middle or make a mess but if its parts you need its not an issue... Let me know if I can help in any way. will get it figured out. It probably (flame suit on) should not have taken this long if its as cut and dry as the post reads.

Rich

18. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    I agree with Rich, there is no reason your dealer should be taking this long, it for sure 100% not on Power Poles end. If you would have called Power Pole directly and sent them a pic, you would have had a new stern bracket in three days and as Rich says it is a simple and straight forward install with simple hand tools, I wouldn't even bother with your dealer. Call Power Pole direct or take Rich up on his offer and install it yourself problem solved, if I have one in stock your more then welcome to it as well.
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 03-25-2018 at 07:09 AM.

19. Member
    I don't mean to high jack your thread but I hope he is right about them taking care of it. This is mine I noticed yesterday, I tried to call but it was 5:06 and they close at 5:00 just my luck LOL so I did email them. I hope they take care of it. From everything I have read they are a stand up company and that is why I bought power poles. Please let me know of any progress on yours.