Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fishing is a Passion

KastKing Baitcast Reel

These reels were available from a past board sponsor Eposeiden. I see where many have been sold on Ebay and Amazon. Does anyone have any info with regards to these reels.

They have a large selection with many different options. What do you like or dislike

Thanks
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

2. Member
    Ive been curious of this myself as ebay has a large selection also and good prices. I did order kastking braid but have not use it yet.
    Dustin Davis
    Fish the days no one else wants to!!

2009 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha 4stroke
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    HDS Gen3 12/HDS Carbon 9

3. Member
    Their maxi thin line is very good.

4. Member
    There is a thread from about 1 year ago. Check it out.
    -Matt

5. Member
    I see there’s a new Elite pro from Alabama that’s sponsored by them

6. Fishing is a Passion
    TTT

7. Member
    I have the Assassin--gotta say, I love it for the money. I have all the high-end stuff that everybody else uses and the performance of the KastKing is comparable. It doesn't look or feel as nice as the others but the reel flat out works. It's also super lightweight. Only comes in 6.3:1 ratio. Ingenious adjustment mechanism for the centrifugal brake system. I would buy again.
    -Matt

8. Member
    If you only had 40 bucks to spend on a reel, KK might be a reasonable option. At least they are priced appropriately, unlike other OEM junk brands with more social media clout and youtuber influence.

But I wouldn't consider any of the Chinese OEM reels if I had close to a C note to spend, with the Fuego CT on the bay @75 - 80 bucks.

9. Member
    the one I want to try out is the Piscifun Phantom. It's $69, weighs 5.7 oz., 17 lbs of drag and looks decent.
    2004 Stratos 295 Pro XL
    2004 Mercury 3.0 L EFI 200 HP SN: 0T908560
    Standard/Servicemaster Lower 859399T13

10. Fishing is a Passion
    Both Piscifun and KastKing appear to be very competitive with each other. Each has entry level and higher level reels. I recently purchased the Academy Sports Mystic top level reel for less than a $100 bucks and will put it against the best named brand reels on the market.

I am sure Academy reels are made over seas just like KastKing and Piscifun. I had success with Academy, just might have to try one of these as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyO View Post
    Both Piscifun and KastKing appear to be very competitive with each other. Each has entry level and higher level reels. I recently purchased the Academy Sports Mystic top level reel for less than a $100 bucks and will put it against the best named brand reels on the market.

I am sure Academy reels are made over seas just like KastKing and Piscifun. I had success with Academy, just might have to try one of these as well.
    I have a like new Assassin I will sell for $35 TYD Was bought late in the fall, 12 bearings, 5.** oz. SOLD
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by basfish; 02-18-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    Always Think Like A Fish.....No Matter How Weird it Is!!

12. Member
    I picked one up last year, seems like it was <$40 on Amazon. I actually like it A LOT BETTER than the 2 Quantum Tour KVD reels we have. It's the noisiest baitcaster I own (although watching TV shows a LOT of those seem to be pretty noisy) but it casts great. Not as good as my Tatula's mind you.... but easily a great deal for the $$.
    Later,

Dixie Chicken

12 Nitro Z9 DC, 4 Color Flake
    250 Pro XS, SmartCraft Gauges
    Bobs 12" w/Hole shot plate
    NightFishion HD8 rubrail, W/Nav Lights
    Oznium Red/Blue 10mm/6mm LED Bolts
    4-Channel Remote Lighting Control
    HDS Gen 3's, TotalScan, 3DSS
    Red Power Pole 10' Blades
    KVD Edition Hydrowave

13. Fishing is a Passion
    Ever use it, if so, why selling, if not why did you buy it. I would be interested.

14. Member
    Oil the brakes and plate then wipe clean. Mine whisper quiet now.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieChicken View Post
    I picked one up last year, seems like it was <$40 on Amazon. I actually like it A LOT BETTER than the 2 Quantum Tour KVD reels we have. It's the noisiest baitcaster I own (although watching TV shows a LOT of those seem to be pretty noisy) but it casts great. Not as good as my Tatula's mind you.... but easily a great deal for the $$.
    -Matt

My nephew bought the reel thinking he would like a lefty,but it didn't work out for him.
    Always Think Like A Fish.....No Matter How Weird it Is!!

I bought basfish reel. I haven't used it much yet. I was very curious, had to try it. I own all top end gear. Nrx to metaniums. But just had to try it lol. It was very noisy when I received the reel,so took all apart and used ardent grease and oil on all moving parts and bearings. It helped tremendously. I casted this thing for days, haven't put it through a hard season yet, but I must say I'm impressed for what these Reels cost. I like the feel,the weight,the handle, the adjustments. If it holds up long term I'm blown away.

17. Banned
    Just ordered the Piscifun Phantom! Academy wasnt generous with the sales this year (I got a bb1 for $15 last year lol)....and I wanna upgrade one of my lower end ($80 one) lews that just not casting as great. Ended up picking it cuz it reminded me of Lews! Looks like a cross between the hypermag and mach speed spool. I used one of the SAEX Premier reels and liked it....lets see how this one goes.

Figure if it sucks ill return it...but if its good I figure itll be comparable to a $100-150 abu or Lews I could get from academy and thatll serve as my upgrade. Got some quantum hot sauce I like to use thatll prolly help the cause. I can review here if anyone is interested in it. Im making the jump to a $75 small name/chinese company (assuming) cuz someone bought it to my attention all the low end (<$150) reels made by all the big names are basically chinese, or maybe korean made. Im still buying reels at this level so figure its worth a shot and save a few bucks if the reels are made by the same/similar people!

Quote Originally Posted by FishInTheDesert View Post
    Just ordered the Piscifun Phantom! Academy wasnt generous with the sales this year (I got a bb1 for $15 last year lol)....and I wanna upgrade one of my lower end ($80 one) lews that just not casting as great. Ended up picking it cuz it reminded me of Lews! Looks like a cross between the hypermag and mach speed spool. I used one of the SAEX Premier reels and liked it....lets see how this one goes.

Figure if it sucks ill return it...but if its good I figure itll be comparable to a $100-150 abu or Lews I could get from academy and thatll serve as my upgrade. Got some quantum hot sauce I like to use thatll prolly help the cause. I can review here if anyone is interested in it. Im making the jump to a $75 small name/chinese company (assuming) cuz someone bought it to my attention all the low end (<$150) reels made by all the big names are basically chinese, or maybe korean made. Im still buying reels at this level so figure its worth a shot and save a few bucks if the reels are made by the same/similar people!
    At least with other company's "$150 reel" you get a aluminum frame and brass gears..

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD. View Post
    At least with other company's "$150 reel" you get a aluminum frame and brass gears..
    according to amazon with this company's "$75 reel" you get an aluminum frame and brass gears..

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FishInTheDesert View Post
    according to amazon with this company's "$75 reel" you get an aluminum frame and brass gears..
    Carbon frame, aluminum gears.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast