Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Jerry, what is the best card for a Helix 9? Hotmaps or Lakemaster?

2. Member
    Sent pm. The lakemaster below the bridge is much better in my opinion.

3. Member
    Thanks man

4. Member
    What is this boatlanes card being talked about? I'm making my first trip to TB at the end of the month. The only chip I have right now is the LA Geaux card, which I know won't work up there, so i'll be buying a navionics card this week. But it sounds like this boat lanes card is something I need.

I have a HDS 12 at console
    2009 Ranger Z520, Mercury 250 ProXS

5. Member
    SUSHII
    21XRS/SHO

6. Member
    Black, it depends on how you want to fish and if you plan to start going a lot. You can get the info you need with some online maps as far as finding some areas you want to fish. If you plan on beating the bank you don't need a navionics card. If you are going for a weekend trip and fish Housen area like the 654 million others out there you can launch at jacks and idle. As far as the boatlanes card (or download), If you plan on fishing 1 or 2 coves and launching in the coves it not a big deal. You can bang around and follow the buoys and be just fine. They usually keep up the markers this time of year. However, if you plan on making some runs around the lake or just want to be on the safe side the boatlanes download is pretty cheap and unlike other cards they are pretty much dead on accurate. The boatlanes are on the navionics card but for some reason, might be just me but they are not accurate. They will give you a general direction so you can find the buoys to follow. Hope you have a good trip. I'm gonna try to make it up there in a couple of weeks.

7. Member
    It's a club tourney, so we are going up there on the 21st and fishing until Sunday. These guys tend to all fish on top of each other or fish the same area. We are launching at Green Acres (I think) as of now.

I'm hoping to start going up there at least a couple times a year.

So from what it sounds like, I download boatlanes to a SD card and then in turn import it to my unit, right?
    2009 Ranger Z520, Mercury 250 ProXS

8. Member
    Yes, and it will overlay on the resident maps or on a navionics map.

9. Member
    There are many missing buoys running north and south of mid lake on the Texas side

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oiltech09 View Post
    There are many missing buoys running north and south of mid lake on the Texas side
    . OT, I'm sure the back of Palo Gaucho is a mudhole?

11. Member
    You have to use a post hole digger to make a hole for your worm in PG, there's no clearing of the water until you get to the main lake

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oiltech09 View Post
    You have to use a post hole digger to make a hole for your worm in PG, there's no clearing of the water until you get to the main lake

Yeah you are right.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12