Power Pole Pump Silencing

The HPUs leave some room for improvement on noise, especially when mounted in the bilge.

What are some good ways to silence the pumps, such as mounting the bracket through a rubber/foam pad? Anyone cover them up with something soundproof? It seems like getting the vibration out of the hull is most important. The more specific the better, pictures welcome.

Thanks,

Tim
    Last edited by Husertim; 02-13-2018 at 05:09 PM.
    I have a boat.

2. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Husertim View Post
    The HPUs leave some room for improvement on noise, especially when mounted in the bilge.

What are some good ways to silence the pumps, such as mounting the bracket through a rubber/foam pad? Anyone cover them up with something soundproof? It seems like getting the vibration out of the hull is most important. The more specific the better, pictures welcome.

Thanks,

Tim

The redfish guy's sometimes wrap them in foam

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    I haven't personally had a problem with the noise (there pretty quiet), nor have heard any complaints from the Bass guys... as Rich suggested you could try wrapping in foam or make a foam/rubber isolator of some sort. I really believe its a non concern in bass fishing even in super skinny water.

4. Member
    I would put some rubber grommets under the mount to stop a lot of the vibration noise. That will probably be all you need but a foam wrap would stop a lot also.

5. BBC SPONSOR
    I would make sure that all of the rubber pieces are there between the pump and the bracket, as well as behind the bolts that mount the pump to the bracket. Also, mounting the bracket to areas not attached directly to the bottom of the hull with help.

The best way to reduce noise is to slow the speed of the pump down using the wireless dash switch or the speed control function in the C-Monster app. We put this feature in the system so the user can make the system as quick or as silent as desired. You will be quite surprised how much noise is reduced by simply lowering the speed of the pump without actually sacrificing much speed at the anchor.

The speed can be set on certain controllers, such as the foot switches or the two button key fob so if you are in a situation where you need to be as quiet as possible you can choose to use the controller that you set to be on a slower speed. I hope all of this makes sense, but please feel free to give us a call and we'd be glad to walk you through setting your system up to best suit your style. 813-689-9932 opt 2 for Tech Support.

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    As always Power Pole comes thru with there excellent customer support.

Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    As always Power Pole comes thru with there excellent customer support.
    Yes, they do.
    Family is everything!!! Fishing is a close second
    2010 TR-18 Pro w/150 OptiMax & Dual 8' Blades

8. Member
    i put an inch thick piece of hard rubber in between the hull and the bracket before i drilled it in.