Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Advice on phoenix

Hey guys im seriously looking to buy a phoenix. Im coming from a 521c ranger and trying to figure out the best fit. Im wanting to go to a 20ft boat. Can you give me feedback on the 920 vs the 20phx? And also would the verado be a good choice for a 4 stroke on the 20ft boat. Thanks in advance

2. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Pick up new 920 tomorrow and just need the ice to melt!
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Jim View Post
    Pick up new 920 tomorrow and just need the ice to melt!

A whole new dose of energy for this next season huh? Don't rub it too much prior to meltdown and enjoy Your new floater

4. Member
    I like the 920 for the rod lockers on both sides PhD if you like day box and center rod holder the Verardo is 100 lb heavier than the sho but there is a huge demand for sho you might have quite a wait for one

5. BBC SPONSOR
    The Verado on the Phoenix boats is way faster than you would think. I have a buddy with one on a 921 and it’s impressive!

6. Member
    Love my 920 proxp and it does everything better than expected. I have the SHO and absolutely love it, but don't think I'd balk at the Vrod or the G2(only 2 stroke I'd consider post 4 stroke) if I was moving to another one. But my next one will probably be the 21PHX or 921 as I like the extra room on the front deck and the length for really, really big water. Rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

7. Member
    If you really like the big center storage on the front deck of your Ranger you'll probably want a phx. I came from a Ranger to a 721 and I like the 2 smaller compartments better most of the time but occasionally I'll miss the ability to store rods in the middle.
    I would recommend a sho if you can find one but a vrod should perform great. The extra weight won't be noticeable unless you're going to run 10' blades or 10-12' talons. I may be concerned then

8. Member
    Thanks for the input guys