Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmann7 View Post
    One of my rods is only used with bubblegum senkos. It's so sensitive I have to leave it alone on Thursdays so it can watch lifetime channel movies. Refuses to be in the same boat as my jigging sticks.

LOL!!!!!!

I would throw the Gary Loomis Edge rods in the mix as well.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan210Elite View Post
    I like my Falcon Rods... Dan
    Same here.

3. Member
    This... NRX 893c JWR For most bottom contact it is the best I have used. For deep jigs, the Steez SVF Compile-X 7'1" Hvy is hard to beat.

4. Member
    Lots of sensitive rods out there. I think balance is just as important. I just sold my NRX’s and got Megabass Destroyer USA rods to replace them. The Destroyers are close in sensitivity but much better balance and feel in hand.

5. Member
    I've found that the only comparable rod/rods to an NRX are either the Kistler Z-Bone or the Phenix K2. The Kistler Z-Bone is pretty close but not close enough. I've fished with several high end Megabass rods and wasn't a fan. The NRX is just that good, if you ask me.

Curious why no one has mentioned an expride
    Jordan Langford
    2011 Skeeter zx200 w/ 200 SHO
    Youtube: ➡️ https://youtube.com/c/JLFishing1 ⬅️ Check it out!!🔥

7. Member
    $500 for a rod . . . . can't/won't do it.
    2017 Phoenix 618Pro

8. Member
    St. Croix legend elite are outstanding rods. The new legend X are same blanks and guides and may be even better.

What kind of blank does the nrx use? What is it made off?

Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    Top of the line carbon fiber layered with pure 24 karat gold flake and puppy dog tears is my guess.

I understand why people buy the best - you see it with guys buying the latest and greatest golf clubs every year and losing their ass on last year's set - at least these hold their value a little more. More power to those folks!

It's just not something I'm willing to do. I figure you're paying at least double for a very marginal amount of extra sensitivity. I can spend that money on a lot of other things that will more than make up for the 1 or 2 extra fish I catch per year due to that extra sensitivity. I also don't fish for a living...maybe I'd feel differently if I did, though I have found it striking how few pros truly use the top of the line stuff. Ish is about the only one that comes to mind right away (though he's not a Loomis guy).
    Last edited by DrewFlu33; 02-14-2018 at 12:43 PM. Reason: double negative :/
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    Top of the line carbon fiber layered with pure 24 karat gold flake and puppy dog tears is my guess.

I understand why people buy the best - you see it with guys buying the latest and greatest golf clubs every year and losing their ass on last year's set - at least these hold their value a little more. More power to those folks!

It's just not something I'm not willing to do. I figure you're paying at least double for a very marginal amount of extra sensitivity. I can spend that money on a lot of other things that will more than make up for the 1 or 2 extra fish I catch per year due to that extra sensitivity. I also don't fish for a living...maybe I'd feel differently if I did, though I have found it striking how few pros truly use the top of the line stuff. Ish is about the only one that comes to mind right away (though he's not a Loomis guy).
    There was a time when I could actually feel the difference and it mattered. I could judge wether I had a bite by the line weight changing and never felt the fish till I set the hook. What created that ability was time on the water and a focus that I will never be able to recapture. I would stop breathing after casting feeling the bait along structure. I was at my peak at being physically bonded to what I was doing. Then came life and distractions like divorce that realigned my priorities. Following that with nerve damage to my arms from 35 years in the trades and the ability to feel has been diminished.

12. Member

It's just not something I'm willing to do. I figure you're paying at least double for a very marginal amount of extra sensitivity. I can spend that money on a lot of other things that will more than make up for the 1 or 2 extra fish I catch per year due to that extra sensitivity. I also don't fish for a living...maybe I'd feel differently if I did, though I have found it striking how few pros truly use the top of the line stuff. Ish is about the only one that comes to mind right away (though he's not a Loomis guy).
    Was privileged to fish with a past Classic winner one day. All his rods were $100 rods.
    2017 Phoenix 618Pro

Legend Xtreme
    Legend Elite
    Legend Tournament
    Legend X

I had the opportunity to paw through a grip of a previous Elites Megabass rods and there was a mix of mid range to high end in there. I own one of his X7's now. I agree, the majority dont use the super high end stuff.
    06 Skeeter 20i Yamaha 250 HPDI
    Visit my Youtube Channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW6p06navSpOqUn3xotG2vA

15. Member
    High end sensitive rods do not always equate to the best tool for the job for professional and recreational fishermen. Elites are more apt to use a rod with a low failure rate as it equates to money for them. Even though they may not pay for their rods they need tuff equipment, a broken rod might make the season difference for them and most are extremely hard on rods.

Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    Apprently a blend uf unicorn hair and sasquatch bones

17. Banned
    Diawa Exceler - $40.
    I compared one with a $350 G Loomis at a local dealer, the Diawa seemed as good or better.
    You can feel a tube jig hit the back of a big smallmouth's throat when he sucks it up off the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    NRX are very sensitive as a series overall, some individual models are more sensitive than others. Conquest rods are very sensitive too and I'm enjoying them so far. In my experience, it comes down to each individual rod when talking sensitivity. The NRX 893c JWR is noticeably more sensitive than the NRX 854c JWR in my hands for example. The Megabass Destroyer F6-71FMJ is more sensitive than the NRX 854c JWR in my hands. There are Megabass X7 and Phase III rods that are every bit as sensitive as many other NRX rods. There are Japan Domestic Market rods by Evergreen and Jackall that are every bit as sensitive as NRX rods. In the US market, the NRX is king in the minds of most guys when it comes to sensitivity. They deserve that kind of recognition as they are really fantastic rods overall.
    I agree sensitivity varies a good bit within the NRX range. I find my 852s JWR to be REALLY sensitive.
    13 year old Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by C0MRAD View Post
    I drop shot a lot and have tried many rods but none come close to the NRX drop shot rod. (have not tried conquest yet though) I'll cry if I ever break it.
    Don't cry. Just send it and $125 to Loomis and get a new one! Expeditor program is awesome.
    13 year old Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by bonecollector1 View Post
    Curious why no one has mentioned an expride
    I have a JDM Expride 264ML. Really nice rod, but not as sensitive as any of my NRX.
    13 year old Tracker

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast