Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    BBC SPONSOR

Most sensitive rod

I know that rod sensitivity is very subjective, but for those of you that have used a NRX rod, is there anything out there that you honestly think is more sensitive. Just curious, not trying to get flamed!

nothing even close but I have not tried the Conquest rods yet

Quote Originally Posted by Esnow76 View Post
    nothing even close
    Correct answer right there.

4. Member
    I do not own one, just fished with one for a day. I personally havent found an off the shelf rod that comes close. However on the custom rod building side i think there are some blanks that give it a run for its money, my opinion of course.
    Skeeter Sx186 w/ yamaha 150

NRX are very sensitive as a series overall, some individual models are more sensitive than others. Conquest rods are very sensitive too and I'm enjoying them so far. In my experience, it comes down to each individual rod when talking sensitivity. The NRX 893c JWR is noticeably more sensitive than the NRX 854c JWR in my hands for example. The Megabass Destroyer F6-71FMJ is more sensitive than the NRX 854c JWR in my hands. There are Megabass X7 and Phase III rods that are every bit as sensitive as many other NRX rods. There are Japan Domestic Market rods by Evergreen and Jackall that are every bit as sensitive as NRX rods. In the US market, the NRX is king in the minds of most guys when it comes to sensitivity. They deserve that kind of recognition as they are really fantastic rods overall.

I like my Z-bones. Never tried the Nrx so can’t say if they are better.

7. Member
    So far my Conquest rods are the most sensitive I have used but still think the NRX rods are very sensitive it's just that the Conquest are newer to me.

8. Member
    Another vote for the NRX for a US available rod. Customs built with the right components and blanks will be right up there too. The K2 blanks and NFC HM are up there.

problem is sensitivity is not measured like distance or speed for example. You can’t see sensitivity ratings anywhere but it is rather opinion. The more and better advanced rods an angler uses the better idea they will have as far as which rod has the best feel and so on and so fourth.

"Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

10. Member
    Just think how much more money those FLW, Elite, And Wednesdays nite jackpotters would win if they all fished with the most sensitive rod on the Market.

11. Member
    I think you need to start a thread like this by saying if money and bling were of no consideration, what would you fish for a bottom bouncing. then anyone posting needs to state if you have fished every rod. I have NOT fished all rods nor am I connected with the industry that would give natural chance. I fish the rods I own and sometimes my fishing partners.

The NRX 893 and 894 are both some bad dudes. The 893 compares well with the departed GLX BCR 803 which to me is legendary. For a 6 inch worm and 1/4oz sinker on 14# line, it does not get any better.

That said, I think the Kistler zbone 7'3H I own is more sensitive to a ultra light bite then the NRX 894. On a hard bite, the NRX might give more sensation.

I suspect if we blanked out the make of the NRX894, zbone 7'3H and Kistler HE3 7'3H and gave them to 100 guys for test, each would get many votes for best and action of the blank would be an influence. If you miss feeling bites with any you have a problem as an angler.
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

12. Member
    I own a number of NRX and Conquest rods, haven't been able to fish the conquests yet however. Also a number of Megabass higher ends rods. The one rod I won 2 of that I think it is in the same category of sensitivity is the phenix K2 rods. Lightest factory rods I've held, their actions / weights are way off, frankly they suck at least in comparison to every other rods I've held and fished. The other limitation of them is that there is a pretty limited number of actions available as well. Also, one of the two K2s I I own broke within about 5 minutes of maiden voyage and it took them almost 6 months to replace it. I wouldn't buy another Phenix based on this, but it's another rod with incredible sensitivity for what it's worth.

13. Member
    I drop shot a lot and have tried many rods but none come close to the NRX drop shot rod. (have not tried conquest yet though) I'll cry if I ever break it.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

14. Member
    Im surprised this has not had some funny comments about sensitive rods.
    Praying for a Cure

15. Banned
    I like my Falcon Rods... Dan

St. Croix Legend Elite
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

Quote Originally Posted by davidsa View Post
    I think you need to start a thread like this by saying if money and bling were of no consideration, what would you fish for a bottom bouncing. then anyone posting needs to state if you have fished every rod. I have NOT fished all rods nor am I connected with the industry that would give natural chance. I fish the rods I own and sometimes my fishing partners.

The NRX 893 and 894 are both some bad dudes. The 893 compares well with the departed GLX BCR 803 which to me is legendary. For a 6 inch worm and 1/4oz sinker on 14# line, it does not get any better.

That said, I think the Kistler zbone 7'3H I own is more sensitive to a ultra light bite then the NRX 894. On a hard bite, the NRX might give more sensation.

I suspect if we blanked out the make of the NRX894, zbone 7'3H and Kistler HE3 7'3H and gave them to 100 guys for test, each would get many votes for best and action of the blank would be an influence. If you miss feeling bites with any you have a problem as an angler.
    Yep, my 803 GLX is the most sensitive rod I own. It is the standard I measure all others against and none have beaten it.

18. Banned
    Do they come with a box of Kleenex?

Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    Just think how much more money those FLW, Elite, And Wednesdays nite jackpotters would win if they all fished with the most sensitive rod on the Market.
    Good point...but they all use what ever they can get for free or cheap...within reason.

NRX's are fantastic rods...still have to find fish.

Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    St. Croix Legend Elite

Especially well-built customs built on those blanks.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast