Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lake Springfield

I’m planning on Fishing a tournament on Lake Springfield this summer,I’ve never been there before.I saw a rule that you can’t fish the docks and you have to stay 100 feet away???!! Is this true?

Yes, it's true and there are plenty of home owners who will come out and "remind" you of the rule.

3. Member
    Only the ones that are posted as such. B.S. if you ask me.

4. Member
    I fish out there quite often. If it's posted no fishing probably better not fish it. Otherwise most home owners don't care. Occasionally someone will come out and ask you not to fish their dock. Just tell them you are from out of town and you weren't aware of the rule.

5. Member
    Thanks guys,I appreciate it.Strange rule,but I’ll do my best.

Make sure you really look for the signs, some you cant see till you get right in front of the dock. Seems like some of the people who post signs just wait outside to tell you to stay away....

7. Member
    I been told several times that I cannot fish near their land (not the dock). I had several people come out and start yelling at us and one time a guy threw rocks near us and said, “there, now the fish won’t bite so go away”. I like fishing the lake but the property owners need to get a life

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STRETCH1 View Post
    I been told several times that I cannot fish near their land (not the dock). I had several people come out and start yelling at us and one time a guy threw rocks near us and said, “there, now the fish won’t bite so go away”. I like fishing the lake but the property owners need to get a life
    The rule I saw said you can’t fish within 100 feet of the dock!! Glad, I don’t know how to skip anyway.

9. Member
    Other than an occasional tourney, I simply avoid the lake. I'm alway afraid the stupid of the state gubbermint might rub off on me.

Lake of Egypt has the same rule
    Enjoying life in Southern Illinois

Quote Originally Posted by illinifish View Post
    Lake of Egypt has the same rule
    True, but I can honestly say that I've never had a property owner say anything about it at LOE....Different story at Springfield.

12. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Seems the same few owners at Springfield have problems. I’ve fished it quite a bit and it is not a problem.
    Last edited by local16; 03-14-2018 at 07:15 AM.

Dale Sinclair original

13. Member
    Fished there plenty and never had an issue... I had a lady one time ask me to back off her dock a bit but said I could still fish it. There is of course some people that are total asses but by avoiding the docks with signs, you shouldn't run into any. There is a guy who famously jumps in the water and tries to swim out to your boat and get in it... so yes there are complete morons out there.

14. Member
    " There is a guy who famously jumps in the water and tries to swim out to your boat and get in it... so yes there are complete morons out there." a TREMENDOUSLY BAD MOVE

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stratosjoe View Post
    " There is a guy who famously jumps in the water and tries to swim out to your boat and get in it... so yes there are complete morons out there." a TREMENDOUSLY BAD MOVE

agreed... he'd catch an ass whoopin if he climbed in my boat.

Current lake levels will take care of this rule for you. A lot of the docks on the south side of the lake have beach underneath them at the moment.

I'm also guessing all this sodium and calcium chloride I've been hammering lake springfield bridge with all winter is not doing much good to the fish.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ILbassin View Post
    Current lake levels will take care of this rule for you. A lot of the docks on the south side of the lake have beach underneath them at the moment.

I'm also guessing all this sodium and calcium chloride I've been hammering lake springfield bridge with all winter is not doing much good to the fish.
    Dang!! Sounds low.I fished Sangchris was real low too.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stratosjoe View Post

. He wouldn’t like to fight with my metal Trolling motor prop.

Looks like Lake Springfield should be back to normal pool soon with all this rain we got.

20. Member
    Anybody have some water temps?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast