Thread: CHIRP

CHIRP

Hey fellas... I was wondering if you have to have CHIRP to see your bait while fishing a drop shot. I have a Gen-1 Helix 9 and haven't had much time to mess with the settings. I saw a video of Mark Zona on Youtube where he was watching his bait over a school of fish. I think his unit has CHIRP though because it was showing 175-225 Mhz as the frequency.
    Sam Dunaway
    2005 Triton TR-21X
    Powered by Suzuki 250SS

Chirp gives you a lot more options for tuning the frequencies you are using, but people have been using their units to see a drop shot a long time before chirp. It will be easier to keep in the sonar cone if you turn on 83KH
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

No
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

4. Member
    Just pull up 2d sonar set to 83/200 max mode, I like my scroll speed on the fast side, and sensitivity around 8-10 then drop it down, just make sure its in the cone and you should be able to easily see it.. if not try a 1/4 jig head with a little fluke or something like that to get a feel for it, I have only played around with it briefly since I got a helix 10 gen 1 when I got my new boat last month, maybe someone else can chime in on this, but I noticed when I was using a painted (black) tear shaped dropshot weight and it seemed like it had less of a return Im guessing because it was painted Im not 100% so someone else can probably answer that question.

Cool... thanks guys!
    Sam Dunaway
    2005 Triton TR-21X