Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by btlsranger View Post
    Bali sounds good, how is the fishing? Only problem with that is they will be able to get the alimony from my pension. If not, i would do that. Say if a guy had $450,000 in cash, how long could one live comfortably down there, without a boat?
    Depending on the prices of liquor, drugs, and hookers, about 2 or 3 weeks.

2. Member
    Maybe a week for me! Funny!

With a boat about 2 weeks , without a boat 20+ years .

4. Member
    Bali sounds good, how is the fishing? Only problem with that is they will be able to get the alimony from my pension. If not, i would do that. Say if a guy had $450,000 in cash, how long could one live comfortably down there, without a boat?
    You can live VERY well on $30,000/year ... and you’re basket of cash would generate it with conservative investments alone. Which means you are Bali material for life. If someone wanted to do it, living on $1,000/month is definitely achievable but you’d live closer to native standards than American standards. And costs depend on where you are in the area.

Can't help you with Bali, but a kid that worked for me 40 years ago retired to Thailand a couple years ago. He is paying $250 a month for a beach front condo. No ideal where in Thailand as I talked to his father and not him.

P01135809

Let me take this time to remind you why a divorce is so expensive

Because it's worth it!

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AreTheyBiting View Post
    Let me take this time to remind you why a divorce is so expensive

Because it's worth it!
    AMEN brother!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123