Question Upgrading from 73sv to 93sv and have questions

Bass Pro is getting ready to put the 94sv CHIRP on sale for their spring classic, so I am thinking about upgrading my 73sv that is a pre-CHIRP model. I fish lakes only and rarely see depths over 25-35 feet. Since this model is a coastal model, am I gonna have any unforeseen issue with accuracy if I'm fishing typical lake situations of 5-15 feet for bass and crappie? Also, it comes with the Lakevu map card and pre-loaded with bluechart g2. Is that going to cause me any issues that I may not be thinking of?
    2022 Avid 20XB | 2022 Yamaha SHO 200 | Minn Kota Raptors | Hummingbird and Garmin electronics

2. Member
    Title should read: 73sv to 94sv...my mistake
    2022 Avid 20XB | 2022 Yamaha SHO 200 | Minn Kota Raptors | Hummingbird and Garmin electronics

3. Member
    Wondering the same thing. As i plan on purchasing this as well.
    In search of a double digit MONSTER!!!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bug Pro View Post
    Bass Pro is getting ready to put the 94sv CHIRP on sale for their spring classic, so I am thinking about upgrading my 73sv that is a pre-CHIRP model. I fish lakes only and rarely see depths over 25-35 feet. Since this model is a coastal model, am I gonna have any unforeseen issue with accuracy if I'm fishing typical lake situations of 5-15 feet for bass and crappie? Also, it comes with the Lakevu map card and pre-loaded with bluechart g2. Is that going to cause me any issues that I may not be thinking of?
    I have 840xs with Lake Vu and Bluechart G2. I don't see you having any problems with the depths you mention. I ended up by 73DV with chirp then felt the price for the 840 was too good to pass up. I will use the 840xs and the chirp transducer for finding areas to fish. I will use my 73 DV in stern to use maps when trolling or fishing the stern. I have old black and white bird in stern to find fish. Plus the 840xs will be big enough for me to view from stern if needed. Good luck with the 93

5. Member
    The only difference between a 93, 94, and 95 are the preinstalled maps. The units are the same and will work the same. You will just have to the the Lakevu card in the unit if you want to use the lake mapping.

Also, just FYI the ad in the spring classic flyer shows a picture of the 94sv plus, but i have verified with bass pro that they put the wrong info in the flyer. They are not selling the touch screen version.

Isn’t the transducer different for the 93 and 94sv?
    Phillipians 4:13-For I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDeeDotGee View Post
    The only difference between a 93, 94, and 95 are the preinstalled maps. The units are the same and will work the same. You will just have to the the Lakevu card in the unit if you want to use the lake mapping.

Also, just FYI the ad in the spring classic flyer shows a picture of the 94sv plus, but i have verified with bass pro that they put the wrong info in the flyer. They are not selling the touch screen version.
    That is correct on the miss print.

So the only real issue I see is that I won't be able to use quickdraw or save waypoints because I'd have to have the Lakevu map card in the unit. If I don't have the Lakevu card in...will it still show the lake, but just no detail?

Quote Originally Posted by Bug Pro View Post
    That is correct on the miss print.

So the only real issue I see is that I won't be able to use quickdraw or save waypoints because I'd have to have the Lakevu map card in the unit. If I don't have the Lakevu card in...will it still show the lake, but just no detail?
    The LakeVu Ultra mapping card is designed to handle the storage of all other Garmin info as well (wpts, QD recordings, screenshots, etc.), so no issues there.
    Garmin Pro Team