Thumbs Up 2018 Bassmaster College Series National Championship

2. Member
    That is awesome!!

3. Member
    July could be double tough though!

good deal, what about a tour of Bixby
    Putting a clown in the castle doesn't make him a king, it turns the castle into a circus

5. Member
    Might be a little warm but if history stays true at least the lake won't be 20 ft up.

That's pretty cool, I wonder how they will handle the slot limit on that lake?

Quote Originally Posted by m.t.hands View Post
    good deal, what about a tour of Bixby
    Roy D. Mercer is the Official Tour Guide..

Quote Originally Posted by OkieBud View Post
    Roy D. Mercer is the Official Tour Guide..
    one of my favorites
    Putting a clown in the castle doesn't make him a king, it turns the castle into a circus

9. Member
    3 day tourney....im betting 45 pounds to win

10. Member
    Awesome! Go back to 2009 and BR200's first year off college at the very small Young Harris College in the north GA mountains. He said he was starting a college team there. He did and they did pretty well in FLW and BASS college fishing. In late 2012 after the last BASS Nationals in Little Rock, he worked with BASS, YHC, and the local chamber of commerce in the negotiations of bringing the 2013 Nationals to Lake Chatuge 4 miles down the road from YHC.
    It happened in 2013 and went so well that they came back in 2014. I remember in July 2013 I attended the anglers meal and meeting at the YHC gym and I was walking across campus and saw the Bassmaster weigh-in trailer/stage sitting in the YHC plaza. I just had to stop for a while and think about it. I never thought that back in 2009 when we helped him move in that the Bassmaster trailer would be sitting about 200 yards from his dorm room or that he would be participating in two BASS College and one FLW College national championships.
    Well, YHC had another great announcement recently and BASS will be back for the 2018 AOY event this September.

If you Okie guys get a chance, go to Tenkiller and spend some time around these college anglers. The are fine young men and women and it won't take long to realize our favorite sport is in great hands with them in the future.

Those mountain people were a little concerned about a bunch of college kids coming into their town.....thought it was going to be a big party and a lot of craziness. It didn't take long for them to see that they were great kids!

11. Member
    If it takes 45 to win, I bet they'll win by 15 lbs....

Slot will be interesting, I'm guessing they'll say everything has to be 16", that's what the couple college tourneys i fished there did, though they weren't sanctioned.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bengiff206 View Post
    If it takes 45 to win, I bet they'll win by 15 lbs....

Slot will be interesting, I'm guessing they'll say everything has to be 16", that's what the couple college tourneys i fished there did, though they weren't sanctioned.
    Dang Ben! The lake don't suck that bad lol 10 pounds a day you're saying?

13. Member
    I figured you'd like that! Not everyone got your knowledge!

For real though, I bet a few teams have 15 ish a day, and a bunch have sunburns.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bengiff206 View Post
    I figured you'd like that! Not everyone got your knowledge!

For real though, I bet a few teams have 15 ish a day, and a bunch have sunburns.
    agree, there will be a whole lot of sunburnt, confused teams. The OSU team that qualified going to be dangerous.

I like the weight guess, someone will bust 18 or so then back it up with a couple limits of just overs and they will be golden. It will be interesting to see a 3 day derby here, hasn't been one in a LONG time.

What I really like about it, is that there is hardly any info on TK as compared to Grand or somewhere big. Seems like BASS likes to do that with their National Championship now

I'd rather have it there than some famous big bass factory! I like a challenge
    Colorado State University Bass Team

2000 Viper Cobra 201D, 200 merc efi

16. Member
    Hey guys, I'll be headed down and was wondering of any nice places to stay that are relatively inexpensive but safe and has room to charge the boat. I've never been around the area so anything to look forward to or not look forward to regarding the lake and area would be helpful in a PM.

17. Member
    I will definitely cut out some time to go watch, would have liked to have this happen when I was in college...For selfish reasons!

It will be interesting to see how many teams get around to practice a lot. Learning where they are 2 months or so before the tournament will be really helpful and make them a lot easier to find.