Ultrex & Deans Cover

I am contemplating getting a Ultrex for my 08 Cougar Advantage Single Console. If I did pull the trigger on an ultrex, would my cover still fit? I currently have a deans custom basscat cover, I believe that it was purchased with the boat when it was bought new back in 08.

Thanks,

2. Member
    Bump

3. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    If you had a Minnkota on the boat when the cover was made, it might fit, but there is no way to know for sure. I know some BCB folks have gotten an Ultrex and it fit without alterations to their custom cover. Others...had to have the cover altered.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

4. Member
    I don't believe that your cover would be the strapless one, which was born in later years. So, the one that you have with straps may have more slack and may not need releasing. Like Bill said, no way to absolutely tell beforehand. In the worst case scenario, a local canvas shop could very inexpensively release it around the troller if necessary. I went from Fortrex to Ultrex, and my strapless cover still fit, but tighter, and I had to adjust the tent poles lower.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

5. Member
    Thanks for the responses, I didn't think about getting the cover altered. I currently have a Maxxum 80. Also my cover has the straps to adjust the tightness, so it may not be an issue. Ultrex it is then.

Draht

6. Member
    I am also having this same issue. My boat is a 2011 puma dual console with MG tour. It seems like I have some adjustment but can't be without a cover. I do not trailer it with the cover on if that matters.

7. Member
    I just took my aurora? (I think that’s the name) cover down to my upholster it was a 2012. I didn’t have to mod the ultrex area, it is a little tighter maybe 2 “ but still a bit under the rub rail. I am extending the length as to keep the sun of the back and sides on the lift.
    2017 Puma FTD
    250 Pro XS
    lowrance gen 3, 9 and 12
    Ultrex 112 36v 45”

Your cover should not fit if it fits right now, though if you have extra space it could.

9. Member
    My 2009 cougar FTD, I have a Strapless Aqualon cover. It was originally made for a MG. With my old MK Fortrex, it would still fit, but barely make it under the rub rails at the front, mid bow area. Currently I have an Ultrex and it does not make it under the rails at mid bow area, it is 4-6” too short. Will take to upholstery shop in spring for a fix.

10. Member
    Didnt fit on my 24cougar. Having the cover modified.

11. Member
    “2014”

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    Your cover should not fit if it fits right now, though if you have extra space it could.
    Is this for the strapless cover or Deans?