EZ Loader Actuator Question

I bought a 2003 Skeeter with EZ loader trailer. I popped the cap on the actuator resovoir and it was extremely low on fluid and on the inside it looks a little "gunky" almost looks like the fluid has turned into a grease like texture/thickness. My question is this is it shot or do I just fill it back up with fluid and bleed the system?

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    I think I'd take the line off the back of the actuator and see what you can flush out. Gunk in the actuator probably means gunk in the lines. If you can get the actuator to pump clean fluid out the back, the disconnect the brake line wherever it splits first and see if you can blow air through it and see what comes out the other end. Work your way to the calipers and see what you have.

Won't cost you anything but a little time and some brake fluid. You need to know what needs replacing before you start spending money anyway.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PLR8877 View Post
    I bought a 2003 Skeeter with EZ loader trailer. I popped the cap on the actuator resovoir and it was extremely low on fluid and on the inside it looks a little "gunky" almost looks like the fluid has turned into a grease like texture/thickness. My question is this is it shot or do I just fill it back up with fluid and bleed the system?
    Got same year boat and trailer. Had the same issue except I had no brake fluid what so ever. Like catfan said disconnect from back of actuator and clean the crap out. Also double check your brake line running across the axle. Mine was broke because it wasn't held in place with anything and I had to zip tie it to the axle.
    2003 Skeeter ZX200

Once the master cylinder is ran low for a time, you can bet the shock is shot. If you get that clunk when you pull away from a stop, the shock is shot.

I would just replace the actuator. Then you won’t hsve to worry about further contamination of your brake system.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    I would just replace the actuator. Then you won’t hsve to worry about further contamination of your brake system.
    Just replace the master cyl. And shock, save $175

7. Member
    Is this a UFP A60? You can buy the complete actuator assembly for $160 from Bass Cat Boats. Includes everything, assembled, including the reverse lock-out solenoid.
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    Just replace the master cyl. And shock, save $175
    Without much searching.
    https://www.pacifictrailers.com/coll...c-brakes-34044
    MC and shock is about $80.00. So you would save a few bucks.

As I was typing, see post 7. Complete Actuator takes only a few minutes to install and everything is new.
    Last edited by ifishinxs; 02-23-2018 at 10:16 PM.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,