Possibly moving to Fort Worth...

Well, the Navy may be sending my wife to NAS/JRB Fort Worth. Politely asking for a heads up on the bass fishing locally. I've got a 19' rig, but will be upgrading when I move to something newer. After 7 years in florida, and the last 3 in Alabama, I guess I can't sneeze at the chance to sling a jig out your way. Any info would be appreciated. The area, fishing, etc. Thanks guys/gals!
    Trent Hoover
    N.E. Florida bass guide
    www.creeklifefishing.com

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    I'll let one of the metro mess boys fill you in on details, but there is lots of water in and around FTW and the DFW area and within an hour or two drive time. Plenty of good fishing to be had.

PS ... thank you wife for her service for us!! Is she a pilot?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    I'll let one of the metro mess boys fill you in on details, but there is lots of water in and around FTW and the DFW area and within an hour or two drive time. Plenty of good fishing to be had.

PS ... thank you wife for her service for us!! Is she a pilot?
    I'll let her know you said thanks! She's an enlisted maintainer. Airframe and hydraulics. We met when I was a navy jet engine mech in Norfolk 12 years ago. I've seen the maps of the area, looks pretty fishy to me. Guess we will see what happens when they finally tell us where we are going.
    Trent Hoover
    N.E. Florida bass guide
    www.creeklifefishing.com

4. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    The lower end of Lake Worth runs across the northern end of the base. I've never been on it, but looks like a flipper's paradise crossing the bridge on Loop 820.

5. Member
    From FW you will have lots of choice lakes to fish with in 1 to 2 hours. Fork, Ray Roberts, Welsh, Holbrook, Monticello, etc. Around town there is Eagle Mountain, Worth, Arlington, Marine creek, and others. All have Bass, though Big fish aren't as plentiful as the others I mentioned. up North you have Texoma for striper and south you have Whitney for striper. Both are Huge bodies of water. You will need to read the texas state rules because some lakes have slot limits (Fork) for the size of Bass you can keep or even weigh in a tournament. Good luck to you and welcome to Tejas. Thank you to your wife for her service!

6. Fishwhisperer Thefisherman64's Avatar
    There many small bodies of water in the area as well. Some places like Weatherford, Grandbury, Marine Cr. They say that Lake Worth may provide a dble didgit fish in the coming years. If you hit the bigger metro lakes you will catch fish. And some good ones. You just have to get out early and leave early to miss the lake lice.
    Jeff, and Rheba Johnson
    AND COOPER
    2009 BEE LINE 294 by Phoenix
    2009 150 MERC OPTIMAX

7. Banned
    Lake worth, Whitney, Benbrook. Grapevine, Ray Roberts, Joe Pool, lake Arlington all hhave good fish in them and with a 45 minute drive. Then there is Squaw during the winter. I love to go east and fishing it's not to bad of a drive. Go west and and you have PK and hubbard creek. You will like Fort Worth. Oh there are some Big bass in Worth..

Welcome to the metromess. You have numerous lakes within an hour or two drive of the base. All those mentioned above as well as Texoma, Cedar Creek, Lewisville and others. It is a great place to have access to water to fish. The traffic on the other hand sux. When are you scheduled to arrive?
    Pat Leach

USAF MSgt Retired

1992 Procraft 180 Pro
    2016 Mercury 150 Four Stroke
    2018 Minn Kota Ulterra
    Helix 7 SI/GPS
    Helix 7 Sonar/GPS