Banned

Okeechobee, Belle Glade/Southbay area

Any body been lately? Hows the water conditions. Thinking of taking a ride to do some fishing in the cuts and trails, but dont wanna waste a drive for chocolate water. I know the levels have got down to about 15ft.

2. Member
    Fished that area in the BFL on Sat. The water in Southbay is beautiful, clean and clear. But the fishing was tough, at least for me. Harney pond is good and clear, and the fishing was better there than in South Bay, ay least for me...but im no Okeechobee stick either

3. Banned
    Great, thanks for the info. I like to just sit in the cuts and drift over the flats and cast with a swimbait or something. As long as I get a few Im good. Then I usually take a cruise to get some wind on me.

4. Member
    Fished two days out of Harney pond and did find clean water on some flats but just caught small fish, I was fishing community areas and they had been getting pretty beat up with plenty of pressure. fished last two days up north out of Okeechobee and had a great day yesterday with over 20lbs, went back to the same area today and could not get bit. water was pretty dirty up north. Drove to camp mac late today and here until Friday

5. Member
    When I was out in the South end late last week the water was clean, just like 514 said. Guys fishing the Pan Am all around me and caught them. no giant weights but lots of fish.I don't think you can go wrong there!