Passenger console removal pic?

Anyone have a pic of what its gonna look like if I try to take out the pass console on a zx225. Also pics of what people have used to cover the damage. Thanks

2. Member
    there should just be a few holes in the fiberglass. there is a tool that allows you to put a threaded rivet for a machine bolt. I cannot remember the name of it but that is what I would do. my wife would have my head if I tried to take her console out so I have never thought about it. I did think about doing the same thing with the windshields so I could take them off more often and not strip the fiberglass.

3. Member
    Interested as well, mine is a 2004 Zx225. And it looks molded to the boat.

4. Member
    I had mine added by my dealership when I bought the boat (ZX225) new in 2016...according to them and by the way it feels...its a permanent fixture with epoxy...could get real ugly if you try to remove it according to my dealer

5. Member
    I think the passenger console was molded in up to '07. I could be wrong. they shouldn't be epoxied unless someone didn't know what they were doing.

6. Member
    All I know is what my dealer told me in response to my question of whether or not I would be able to remove it and reinstall it as needed...they are not a redneck dealership either...I have been very pleased with their rigging so far. The passenger console is as solid as a rock...I may not be using the proper term here "epoxy"....but they told me it would not ever come apart without damage to both surfaces...that's for sure. I hope that this helps out....

7. Member
    I sold them in 07 and 08 both. That was the year they went to a modular console. It was designed to eliminate stress cracks where the formed in console met the hull. But it's still heavily bonded to the side of the hull below the seam/gap up top.

I watched our guys remove one and it tore up he side of the boat pretty good. At the customers option, rather than repair the glass, they formed a cover with black HPDE (cutting board material) and covered up the busted fiberglass.

8. Member
    well, I guess I was right and wrong. BassCat simply bolts theirs in so removal is easy. I just ASSumed Skeeter might do the same but I guess not. adding epoxy is silly to say the least IMO.