S&W shield ......................380!

Yes it's true. However for me being a Smith fan, I must admit I'm disappointed in the design. Instead of doing what Glock did with the 42 and making it identical to their other models, the new shield has a hideous grip safety .
    They should have made it identical to their other Shield, only in a smaller frame/caliber.
    Last edited by spinningreel; 02-13-2018 at 05:48 AM.

2. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    The only gun in my safe with a grip safety is a 1911. I know Springfield Arms make a excellent duty style weapon with a grip safety and I also know they have been successful and reliable. Just not for me.

3. Member
    The only reason the .380 has a grip safety is that it is a SA hammer fired gun instead of a true striker fired

4. Member
    I just think S&W dropped the ball on a good .380 ............................again.

If they would have just built a shield clone it would have been perfect, they already had a great design. Guess ill stick to the Browning 1911 for the .380 caliber.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningreel View Post
    I just think S&W dropped the ball on a good .380 ............................again.

If they would have just built a shield clone it would have been perfect, they already had a great design. Guess ill stick to the Browning 1911 for the .380 caliber.
    Not a big fan of .380's but I have to admit that the Browning is a great looking gun. I'm a little partial since my most prized gun is a Hi Power 9mm
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

I like those Hi Power 9mm too. I would like to try it in a .380 if I could find a good deal on one. I did not like the Smith Bodyguard that I checked out either. Love the Shield too. But I bet the New Sig P365 will hurt those sales.
    99 Ranger 217 Cherokee w/115hp Evinrude

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smalljawguy View Post
    Not a big fan of .380's but I have to admit that the Browning is a great looking gun. I'm a little partial since my most prized gun is a Hi Power 9mm
    Also Own a Hi Power, and it is also my favorite Handgun that I own.

8. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    I have quit carrying a 380 after a guy in my class showed me the scar from him being shot with one. He said the bullet was only about 1 an inch or sother into his belly fat after going through his carhart jacket first. I am.packing my 40 again.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

9. Member
    another vote for Browning Hi Power, favorite pistol for the range. bought the gun around 1994 and last year while I was burning thru some rounds the front sight blew off. put a Dawson Precision red fiber optic sight myself. helped my old eyes to shoot a lot better.