Banned

No pull rope/handle on newer MK Powerdrive models?

Recently got my newer model bluetooth capable MK Powerdrive....but it has not pull handle. Do they not need one? Is there any way to add one....if itll help at all. I figure ill need one by the looks of things?

2. Member
    It does not come with a pull rope. It never did as far as I know. It has a handle on the base you pull up to store and deploy.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradrodfish View Post
    It does not come with a pull rope. It never did as far as I know. It has a handle on the base you pull up to store and deploy.
    Ok...so just installed it. Even tho the deploy isnt bad once it gains momentum....stowing it is a pain in the ass! Id rather have some type of rope, even for deploy to slow it down a bit since it moves fast and seems a bit rough. Stowing is terribad tho....basically have to step on the little lever then pull the head up and pull it back, and then lay it down! WTF!!!! lol

how is there no rope??!!!?? I have a bad back as a 32 year old, and know ill feel it some days even tho it wont stop me from using it...but I cant imagine an old person or someone with physical disabilities that may limit their range of motion.

Did MK make the stow and deploy on the PowerDrive bad, so that you hate it and start upgrading to Ulterra, fortrex or Ultrex??!! lol...its the TM right on the border between the cheaper models and the higher end ones....MK trying to give you that nudge to buy the more expensive option!!! lol

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradrodfish View Post
    Ok...so just installed it. Even tho the deploy isnt bad once it gains momentum....stowing it is a pain in the ass! Id rather have some type of rope, even for deploy to slow it down a bit since it moves fast and seems a bit rough. Stowing is terribad tho....basically have to step on the little lever then pull the head up and pull it back, and then lay it down! WTF!!!! lol

how is there no rope??!!!?? I have a bad back as a 32 year old, and know ill feel it some days even tho it wont stop me from using it...but I cant imagine an old person or someone with physical disabilities that may limit their range of motion.

Did MK make the stow and deploy on the PowerDrive bad, so that you hate it and start upgrading to Ulterra, fortrex or Ultrex??!! lol...its the TM right on the border between the cheaper models and the higher end ones....MK trying to give you that nudge to buy the more expensive option!!! lol

Can I add a rope easily? G force handle?

I have a friend with a MotorGuide Xi5 and he is concerned about having to lean over the front of the boat to lift the TM into stow position. I suggested that he look into this product.
    http://www.redonesystems.com/Terrova.html

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

6. Banned
    Why not just attach a cable to the depth collar.?

Stow and deploy is one reason I bought an Ulterra. No more lifting and pulling
    Pat Leach

USAF MSgt Retired

1992 Procraft 180 Pro
    2016 Mercury 150 Four Stroke
    2018 Minn Kota Ulterra
    Helix 7 SI/GPS
    Helix 7 Sonar/GPS

Now wait until you try to run a transducer cable.