Hummingbird and Ultrex cabling ?

Ok guys don’t beat me up to bad but I’ve got a question concerning front hummingbird and Ultrex 80 cabling.
    Ive got a new P2 and today I was finally able to get it on the water. Everything worked great except the hummingbird on the bow would go nuts when I would engage the trolling motor. (I went from 4 ft to 400ft in a second)

So 1st question. Does the front hummingbird operate independently from the one on the console? I think the answer to that is a definite yes (they use separate transducers) but just confirming something has not changed.

From the moment I got the boat I noticed some extra cables that were not used/plugged in so while shotgunning the problem I unplugged the 3 pin transducer cable from the back of the Hummingbird and plugged in a not used 4 pin transducer connector and everything seemed to work. But when I got home and noticed a 4 pin connector on the head of the Ultrex not connected. I assume if I was in the water all I’d have to do is pull the trolling motor out of the water and see if the front hummingbird stopped recording then I’d know if it was correct. I however would still like to know what all the extra cables are including the one that comes out of the head of the trolling motor....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Change the "surface clearity" setting to 8, that really helps with the depth jumping when shallow
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. Member
    I have brand new Helix 12’s, SI at console and DI @ bow, ive tryed everything and nothing works, e-mailed Humminbird havnt heard anything back in a week, something is interfering with the ultrex or Helix, i just dont know what or how to prevent it but would definitely like to know, ive reset & rest, messed with the settings, clarity everything, who knows, 2K graph doesnt work right, good deal ��

4. Banned
    Hummm extra transducers? Say thru hull transducers in the bilge area? If so transducer "y" cable may be useable but typically for consol unit. When you get on plan the big rear transducer get noisey and useless so thu hull transducers are installed and depth is picked up from clearest signal.
    The trolling motor issue is a grounding issue. As stated above adjustments can correct the issues. Check out the Humminbird bird section of BBC forum for issues and fixes.
    Good luck and congrats on your new boat
    Oh yah forgot.
    You can find out which transducer is working for each unit at home. Just turn the unit on and touch the transducers until you feel one knocking. This way you can ser which wire powers which transducer.