Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Flat spotting was much more prevalent in the days of Nylon cord tires.

2. Member
    We have to realize we are dealing with Chinese made tires. Nothing would surprise me regarding a quality issue. Haha

3. Member
    I have no doubt my tires have a flat spot from sitting in the garage. They had no vibration in the fall... I pull it to the lake after sitting a couple of months and I have a bad vibration. I have pulled it on three trips now nad it doesn't smooth out. Last weekend was 1-1/2 hours each way. So it isn't going away on its own. It is only slightly noticeable below 55 but really bad above 65.

Just going to replace them since it is a single axle trailer and don't like taking risks.

That can't be Greg the experts insist it just can't happen from sitting in a garage for four months it just can't be!!!

Sorry to hear they didn't clear up I hope mine do since I wasn't able block mine up this winter.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

5. Member
    I installed two new endurance tires yesterday. Hopefully all goes well.

We did put the Carlisle ties back on the machine and when you spun the tire you could easily see a flat section roll around.

6. Member
    We run bf Goodrich radial ta no problems

OK, so maybe mine wasn't flat spots, but cupping. Sorry, sure looked flat to me. I guess it is one of those knowing the right term, for a given situation.
    Now I just have to wait for the snow to stop around here. So I can pull the blocks out, and drop her on the ground, and head for the water.
    Ranger Z-20, Yamaha F225.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 96MrBass View Post
    Well I didn't want to hear this just installed these same Carlisle tire's about a month ago. After running Marathons for years I figured I'd give them a try.
    2 years no problems. Keep em at max air!
    2004 Ranger 521vx Yamaha 250 SHO

9. Member
    Since you're still snowed out, take the time to get your tires balanced.

I always get tires balanced when I have them mounted. They look at me like I'm crazy. But I feel it rides better. Less vibration and the tires have to last longer.
    Ranger Z-20, Yamaha F225.

11. Member
    Fill to maximum psi i think its 50psi
    2004 Ranger 521vx Yamaha 250 SHO

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue76 View Post
    when you spin the tires you can see the flat spots on them. When the tire guy put them on the road force machine you could also see the flat areas.

The tires otherwise look great. Date on them was 2014 even though I put them on last spring.
    I would return those tires if possible. Buying tires that were manufactured 3 years before you purchased them is a big NO No. tires typically fail due to age than wear. Most “experts” recommend replacing trailer tires every 3-5 years, regardless of wear.
    Mercury 2002 200hp Carbed Saltwater
    OT566776
    2002 Cape Horn 22' Bay

13. Member
    Sheesh. Glad this thread was resurrected. I got a new trailer last fall with 4 new Carlisle's, obviously. It's been in the exact same spot in my garage since the day I got it home due to working on the boat. I guess I better check pressures and maybe move it a little to get them sitting in a different spot. Geez, all I need is 4 ruined brand new tires due to my ignorance and letting it sit....
    Kevin | 2000 Champion 19​1 | 2000 Yamaha OX66 200hp

Most of the time I put my up on blocks of Rail Road ties cut to about 24" long each one under each axle at each wheel when I expect it to sit long than 30 days.

BTW: I got the RR ties at Menards precut for a buck each. Never seen them like that before or since.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12