A little test info for you.

Well I recently decided to start playing with how I load my boat and made a bit of a discovery. Moved all of my heavy fishing stuff to the rear "plastics, weights, scent bottles ext. Well after doing this same conditions same amount of fuel same prop engine height ext picked up 3mph boat is a 21xl magnum with 225 25p tempest thats been worked. optipop. Assuming most of this is from the boat getting much better lift from all the weight being shifted off the bow I could physically feel a difference in how the boat picked up out of the water . Figured I would share my findings with you guys.

Eddie
    2017 Phoenix 920 Pro XP Mercury 250 Pro XS

Now that's a cheap mph pickup!!!
    Just can't leave well enough alone!!

98 Stratos 273 w/ 150 Faststrike

4. Member
    What did it do to the holeshot.
    Heavy weight in the back of my 201 and it takes a football field to plane out.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 201pro View Post
    What did it do to the holeshot.
    Heavy weight in the back of my 201 and it takes a football field to plane out.
    to be honest if it made a difference I couldn't tell. I can fell a slight difference between full tank and water in the wells vs empty wells and lets say 1/4 tank but even then its only 1-2 seconds. Boat has a good hole shot. I did notice the bow came up higher but it broke over at about the same time.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fastman151 View Post
    Now that's a cheap mph pickup!!!
    Exactly what I was thinking lol given I already spent the money getting the prop BB'd with some extra cup added till lol.