tournament scales...

Where's a good place to buy some scales to weigh the fish at the end of a tournament that won't break the bank?

2. Member
    protournamentscales. com the model 357 basic. since going to this company life has been good! under 400 beans I think. let me tell you before you get yourself in trouble by buying equalizer scales. had a set two years ago. worked purty good in the spring. when summer hit, I had a big event. 40 boats. everyone was coming to way and all the sudden the scales just froze. the sweat started to roll off my brow. we tried everything. finally after a little prayer something happened and we finally got them to work. did some research. it may be I found the info on here cant remember, but I read that when the scales got warm they had a tendency to do funny things. it was suggested I keep the scales cool the night before and when came time to put in vehicle, they said place the scales in a cooler while you are out on the water. I was like nuh uh. so the night before my next event I kept the scales in our house (where they usually are stored anyway) and the morning of I put them in a coleman cooler before leaving and put the cooler in the truck. fished the 8 hour event and just before the first person weighed I got them out and set them up. flawless lol. tried it again all summer and they never locked up. so the last event in august I purposely left them in truck over night and the day of fishing. it was 86 degrees by the time we weighed. low and behold they locked up again! the guys at pro tournament are top notch. when you weigh, just tare, then when placing the first bag of fish with your basket on the scales, just hit the hold button. the weight will lock, then simply remove basket, put more fish in, put it on scale, and it will lock the next weight!

Why not buy stainless industrial or meat scales for around 150.00....just a small group of guys..10-15 boats

4. Member
    I don't know if thee meat scales have a hold or locking feature, but I tell you, on windy days or when the fish are moving, this feature is awful nice. ive been to events where the director has a cheaper set of scales and all they do is wait wait wait because the number keeps bouncing around. ive also seen guys just call a weight when the dam things are still bouncing. I mean its their call, but I have way less to worry about concerning skepticism or protests with that hold function. boom done. called.

5. Member
    Our club bought shipping scales for under $100. Make sure they read out in the right increments.

6. Member
    I want to just let you know. as a director for 6 years, it doesn't matter if you have 5 or 500 boats, if something goes wrong, youll wish you had a good set. I understand its only 100 dollar prize, but it will shock you how serious this is. I have seen it all man. I even put a notice in our rules that if main scales goes down, I can use a handheld back up. everyone must agree. those same equalizers, one time I got halfway through weigh in and they quit. used a set of handheld and the first half group went nuts. saying how its not fair using different scales. I agreed with them, but what was I to do? not weigh the rest of the fish? a good set of scales is a mans best friend, especially if your an honest man and don't like being ridiculed. your best friend will turn on you in a heart beat if it means their money, points, or AOY championship. play it safe and sleep well at night and get a good set.

7. Member
    run a 50 50 event to raise money. if that don't get it run it again. some people will even donate. its worth it.

8. Member
    We use Adam CPWplus bench scales. Can get them from discountscales.com for about $150.00
    2016 Phoenix 618 Pro / Mercury 175 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by JackJ View Post
    We use Adam CPWplus bench scales. Can get them from discountscales.com for about $150.00
    That's the exact one I was looking at. So you're happy with them?

Didn't see the other thread on this..my bad

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by railey View Post
    That's the exact one I was looking at. So you're happy with them?
    Yes, they have worked well. We weigh in lbs and ounces.
    2016 Phoenix 618 Pro / Mercury 175 Pro XS