Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How do you like your ultrex

Well I’m sure it’s asked all the time.
    but is it as nice as it seems?
    Let me know what you think. The only thing my bass cat didn’t have on it that was on my wish list was the ultrex.
    My boat budget has taken a beating this off season with blown jet ski mortars and lower unit rebuild on my imco drive, but I’m thinking about replacing the MX5 on the cat anyway.
    2017 Puma FTD
    250 Pro XS
    lowrance gen 3, 9 and 12
    Ultrex 112 36v 45”

Best money I've spent on fishing gear in 20 yrs !! I went back and forth wether to go Talons or Ultrex, and I'm positive I made the best decision.
    Being able to stay on a spot in wind or current while I fish, weigh and tag, re-tie, wander around the boat for whatever, AND stay on spot is a game changer !! You will LOVE it !!! There were some problems with the first releases, but those are pretty much ironed out now. I bought mine in Nov 17 and have had 0 issues.
    Last edited by wmitch2; 02-12-2018 at 04:54 PM.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

Love my Ultrex! Well worth the expense (for me anyway).

4. Member
    I went from mg tour to ultrex took 30 min to never want another tm. This this is sweet. I cant wait to get on rivers with it and spot lock in the channel where my pps couldnt touch

5. Member
    Sounds like I need to do it. Anything big to consider? Will it just bolt right up? Much to change going from a 2017 MG?
    I would like to do it myself. Plan to at least.
    2017 Puma FTD
    250 Pro XS
    lowrance gen 3, 9 and 12
    Ultrex 112 36v 45”

6. Member
    My boat had a fortrex on it when i bought it so the ultrex bolted to my "old" fortrex holes. Only thing big you will have to do is drill new holes.

7. Member
    What about maxxum and ultrex holes?

8. Banned
    Link or No Link....that is the question

9. Member
    I’m Lowrance so I guess that’s a no link so far.
    2017 Puma FTD
    250 Pro XS
    lowrance gen 3, 9 and 12
    Ultrex 112 36v 45”

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by janky View Post
    What about maxxum and ultrex holes?

I replaced my 101 lb Maxxum with a 112 lb Ultrex last spring. The holes for the mount are the same. You will not need to drill new holes to mount the Ultrex. You will love the Ultrex compared to the Maxxum. The Ultrex has many features that beat the Maxxum. One of the biggest for me is less fatigue on my leg while bass fishing all day. Since you are running Lowrance electronics you will not need "Link" as that is to run your Ultrex with Hummingbird units.

11. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I just swapped my MG Tour for the 80/45/24v Ultrex....did the installation myself...MG used 6 holes, Ulrex lined up with 4 and i had to drill the other two.....no issues....very easy to install, wont hurt to have a second set of hands.....didnt have to adjust the foot pedal as it was inline correctly from the factory.....I use Lowrance and Garmin units so i did not get the Link.....will have to get a used to it since coming from a "manual" TM but i'm sure it wont take long.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Love mine too....I came from a MG Tour 82# to a 80# Ultrex.....One thing I did notice. The Ultrex is a lot more heavy. I don't get the bow lift at half throttle like I used to but all is good at WOT. Very glad I made the switch

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboy View Post
    I’m Lowrance so I guess that’s a no link so far.
    I thought the same thing and bought the non-link version. Then I decided to switch graphs to Humminbird (yeah I know... I should have figured that out first), sold the first one and bought the link version for all the extra features it would do with the graphs. This trolling motor is awesome!!!
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

14. Banned
    love it

15. Member
    So is the link features worth putting a smaller HB on ? What size it the smallest that is link able.
    2017 Puma FTD
    250 Pro XS
    lowrance gen 3, 9 and 12
    Ultrex 112 36v 45”

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboy View Post
    So is the link features worth putting a smaller HB on ? What size it the smallest that is link able.
    I have Lowrance, I bought the Ultrex with the link. I will probably get a Helix 7 or 9 for GPS only when funds allow.
    Wes

17. Member
    I'm also thinking of the ultrex. my problem is, I have lowrance as well. think of getting the link and add a hummingbird for gps. I would really like to hear what people think of the link and using the hb. is it just extra fluf or should I just get the standard ultrex and just have my lowrance units.

18. Member
    The non link has the ability to store some spotlocks and some trails in the remote. You can store more of the same in the link. For some folks that is enough. Since I have room on the bow for another graph I am leaning toward adding a bird to link for GPS only.
    Wes

19. Member
    The smallest Humminbird unit would be a Helix 7 G2N model. In the Helix 7 models, only the G2N models can network (3 models available). With ILink and Humminbird you get a couple of extra modes Follow the Contour and Circle Modes besides added memory for Itracks and spotlocks. If you don't need that then no need to get the ILink model.

20. Member
    Mine is linked to my 798, glad I made the change from Fortrex.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast