Thread: Z-18 bow wiring

Z-18 bow wiring

I have a new z-18. I didn't get it pre-rigged with a front graph until I had some time to decide exactly what I wanted to go with. Anyway, what is the best way to run power on this boat? I haven't pulled the plate to see if there is a pre-rigged wire for front graph, but I would doubt that there is. Should I go to the fuse box under the dash, tie into power someplace in the front? I'd like to be sure that I do it right. What say ye?

Putting a Hook 7,by the way.

Thanks!

2. Member
    I say go directly to the battery. That's how I have done all of mine in the past....or at the very least install a dedicated fuse panel for JUST your electronics.

3. Member
    Thanks. There is a fuse panel under that dash that has the console graph wired into it, according to the labeling. It has an open slot on it, so I am guessing that front one could go there. Just worried about interference and so forth.

I didn’t get mine with a bow graph. I installed it myself. The bow harness comes with a drop for the front graph already pre wired and another drop for additional electronics etc. it will be labeled bow graph drop.
    2018 Nitro Z-19, 200 Merc Pro XS, Merc Monitor, SC Gauges, Lowrance/Humminbird Electronics, Humminbird 360, HydroWave.

5. Member
    Awesome! Thanks!

I'd goto the fuse box under the console, that way you can control it with your master power switch.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

7. Member
    I just went through this with the exact same boat. Go straight from the battery with dedicated wire. The wiring that is under the front panel does not supply enough voltage for a good graph. call me and I'll be happy talk you through it. It was a lot easier than it sounds.
    Last edited by TXZ21; 10-28-2023 at 11:19 AM.
    '17 Nitro Z21, 250ProXS serial # 2B399616, 24p Fury4, 12" Atlas, Apex 16 @ console, Apex 16 & Apex 13 @ bow, Mega 360, Ultrex, 8ft blades