Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Willy I just watched the video it does look strang for some reason not saying you did anything to the video probably something to do with the phone. I've seen the same thing with other videos at speeds the camera can't keep up.
    Bullet 21xrd Mercury 300xs

2. Banned
    I believe your video Steve. I have seen what a modded 2.5 can do in your other videos. I, along with others know how people can try to BS everyone on GPS screenshots too.

3. Member
    To start with, It's just not proper to come straight out and bash someone....and call names to begin with no matter who you are. That only shows a person's true character!!!
    As far as the vid, it looks good on my pc?
    Maybe it has something to do with me putting in the fades where I cut sections out to make it shorter towards the beginning? The original vid has me idling for 10-15 min. getting to open water which I whacked down in 4-5 places.
    20XDC Bullet/Modified Merc 260
    295TF Charger/Merc 225X-Sold
    20' Contender Pickle Fork/Merc EFI Bridgeport-Sold
    18' Stratus with Sommerford Tunnel Vee Hull/2.4 EFI Merc High Perf-Sold
    Freedom 240DLX Toon/Merc 115
    10' Cougar Cub/Merc 25 on the Bottle
    18" Homebuilt Tunnel/.021 OS Max Outboard on 50% Nitro with a Pipe

4. Member
    Thanks Guys!!

5. Bullet/Reels4Sale/Rods4Sale Moderator jayfaro's Avatar
    Willy watching the video at the 26 second mark the video resets and when it comes back the idle speed is double what it was prior to that. It slows back down when you idle down and then at the 50second mark the video cuts out and then comes back at double speed again. Each time before getting on plane the video cuts out and comes back at double speed. I’m sure that 260is awesome and it sure sounds great but it looks off. I watched it on my my PC and iPad and they look the same. I wasn’t bashing and love watching videos from you guys. Coming out of the fades is when the speed and wave action looks sped up.

PS what was modded on that motor. Looks like it’s a screamer. Would love to run a 20 with that beast
    Jay Faro
    Bullet 21xdc/300xs

Thanks Jay... That's all I was saying... Not bashing.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

7. Member
    ALL I can say is there is absolutely no double speed on the vid. Are you sure yer not hearing/seeing me going to a faster idle speed and lowering the trim a second or 2 before I punch it? This is normal for me as I seem to get a much cleaner holeshot than at dead idle. I always idle with the engine above level to keep it from loading up and puddling fuel.
    I might also mention as I did earlier that the wind on this lake swirls around extremely bad and even ripples come at you from 1, 2 or 3 directions at once, or sometimes even change directions within a short distance.
    Possibly cutting some idling places out seemed to enhanced a wave action change, I don't know, but it's all the same speed!

As far as engine mods, fresh Nik, Wizard lightweight pistons and pins, Lake Cut exhaust chest and cleaned up porting, heads cut to 145psi compression, Chris's reeds, fresh injectors, fuel regulator set from 39 to 42psi and Brucato box.

8. Bullet/Reels4Sale/Rods4Sale Moderator jayfaro's Avatar
    Man that motor sounds awesome. Willy my apologies. I wasn’t bashing it. I really do love watching all the videos especially when of use up here and all I can do is charge my batteries lol
    Jay Faro
    Bullet 21xdc/300xs

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    Don't let this country singer fool ya... The first holeshot was recorded at a faster/double speed. Look at the waves moving unnaturally fast, as well as cars driving in the background....

Cool video, But not very truthful.

I also couldnt find any 2 footers??

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 98 Elite203 View Post
    Start pausing the video after I round the point....some of the rogues were better than 2!
    Pretty sure that IF I ever post another video I won't say a word about it!
    Before long they'll be saying it wasn't even my boat.....LOL!!!

11. Member
    I’m sure your boat runs good. But geez you come on here with all these out of this world claims. Last time it was 101 loaded and you wearnt even wide open. Now it’s 93mph loaded plowing the nose in 2+ footers. You have zero vids to prove these claims

But then you get all bent out of shape when someone questions you.

Water might be different over there but I have never been anyplace where 2 footers didn’t have white caps.
    Last edited by hyperflow; 02-12-2018 at 10:52 PM.

12. Member
    Cabin fever is upon us lol

13. Member
    Thats awesome...I have the 21xrs and was in slightly more chop and the boat feels like its floating over the waves/water. Pretty cool stuff!

14. Member
    Hyp....there have been doubters in my life for many years......NO Wait!!!! I've actually waited until I was 70 years old to make up a bunch'a wild shxt just to mess with people!!!! hahaha

Don't Despair....No one ever understood why my ragged ol Ford always put those Camaro's back on their trailers either!

Attached Images Attached Images

15. Member
    That's one sweet car

16. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by bullet20vee View Post
    Too bad he didn't show us his GPS recall with the track showing him on the highway. I've seen that before somewhere, I think on Fastbass years ago.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickBullet View Post
    Hyp....there have been doubters in my life for many years......NO Wait!!!! I've actually waited until I was 70 years old to make up a bunch'a wild shxt just to mess with people!!!! hahaha

Don't Despair....No one ever understood why my ragged ol Ford always put those Camaro's back on their trailers either!

https://media.giphy.com/media/I5xVnGJRHZZf2/giphy.gif
    Last edited by hyperflow; 02-13-2018 at 04:52 PM.

18. Member
    I wasn't going to post on this again but decided to give it one more go!!
    I have questions and hopefully answers:
    Seems the main concerns were all about speeding up the vid in places, size of the water I was in and speed with nose down.
    1st the speed of the vid;
    In cropping a vid to get slow, boring parts out, doesn't the vid appear to automatically speed up when you go from a dead idle part, straight into an above idle, just before you mash it? Kinda like someone riding a horse at a walk, and then cropping the vid from that walk, into a trot....the vid appears to speed up as the horse AND land are now passing by at a faster pace!
    Also, on cropped vids the sound changes from one section to the other depending on engine speed and wind direction.....especially when the camera is 20' away facing into the wind, away from the engine!
    Now ask yourself if I know these things, and was going to make a fake vid, wouldn't I have kept the sound normal if I sped up the vid?
    If you can't see this then you've already made up yer mind the whole thing is fake and you have a small mind by not realizing the reality!
    2nd the wave action;
    This lake has no continuous set of waves like most, where you can set your boat on a certain speed to travel at a comfortable pace. As mentioned in an earlier post, the wind swirls really bad around these mountains. This creates wave action from several diff directions all at the same time. When these waves mix it creates rogue waves and on this lake the rogues happen on average around every 50-60 feet.....this is the water I was running on and also as stated in an earlier post, if you'll pause the vid from the 2:28 timeline on, you can see for yourself!
    If you are on water that has 1' waves and every 50' a 2 footer, were you on 1 or 2 foot water?
    3rd as far as running nose down in this rough stuff;
    Everyone has their own opinion on what nose down means. When I say nose down I'm certainly not talking about trimming all the way down to the bottom.....full trim in. Running nose down in my opinion is running with the trim/nose down below the optimum setting for top speed, which has to be done for stability in rough stuff. For that matter I have NEVER felt confident enough, (only being behind the wheel of this boat for 2 years), to trim it up to let it fly the nose....and therefore have no idea of it's top speed. I do know that I've trimmed it up enough to run in the 90's and do that pretty regular.....and the one time only, I saw 100+ on a morning with a nice ripple on the water.....and this was short lived as I was pretty uncomfortable.
    This is the 3rd boat I've owned which were 100+ mph boats so I'm definitely not new to the speed.....but this one demands way more respect than either of the tunnels I've had plus I'm also older now and maybe my balls have shrunk somewhat than when I was young and dumb!
    I posted this vid for entertainment.....I guess my goal was reached!

I played the video at 1/2 speed and the video looks normal... Same as the other parts of the video that don't look doubled. Just say'in...

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 98 Elite203 View Post
    I didnt either however cameras make waves look smaller, but its better than some other guys claiming 75-80 in 3-4fte4s.......
    2003 Stroker with 2014 SHO
    2012 21RDC Bullet with 2016 SHO

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast