Minn Kota Ultrex 112 on 198 What Shaft Length???

Anybody put a Minnkota Ultrex on their Champ 198? Just wondering what shaft length you got???

2. Member
    Get the 52

3. Member
    Ok...I saw the thread about the 203 a few posts down after posting this one. Thanks!!!

4. Member
    52 only.

5. Member
    112lb. 52"Shaft

6. Member
    If you search on the site I had the same question last year. People gave their 2 cents and I ended up with the 112 and 52". I've been very pleased with how well it handles overall. Only small issues that I worked around were a little longer sticking out from hull when stowed, and head sits up higher when going real skinny. No of which are deal breakers.

7. Member
    I'll be measuring very carefully when I get one.

I've heard that without the spring knuckle (the 52" Fortrex has), to the Ultrex 45", they are close in length...? I was hoping there would be a newer model with the spring/knuckle thing and a lit direction arrow. I fish Fork a lot at night. . I currently have the 52" Fortrex. 98% of the time I have at least 3" to spare. As much as I flip jigs, I'd like that extra space.

I'll be getting one very soon either way. But a 45" might work fine for me.
    Champion 206
    250XB

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite198 View Post
    If you search on the site I had the same question last year. People gave their 2 cents and I ended up with the 112 and 52". I've been very pleased with how well it handles overall. Only small issues that I worked around were a little longer sticking out from hull when stowed, and head sits up higher when going real skinny. No of which are deal breakers.
    Thanks for the info!!!

I have a 45” Ulterra on my 202. Sometimes I’ll set it in spotlock and walk to the back of the boat. Almost everytime the prop will surface and thrash the water. My boat sits bow high in the water, YMMV.