Thread: Question

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Salisbury NC
    Posts
    26

    Question

    Can you order a 721 pro xp with the slam latches like the PHX has?

  2.  
  3. USAF retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bellevue Ne
    Posts
    14,856
    #2
    Read recently where you can’t but I bet in couple years it will be standard equipment
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

  4. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Salisbury NC
    Posts
    26
    #3
    I was thinking the same thing about it being standard in a few years. Was hoping I could upgrade my latches I really like the ones on the PHX.

  5. BBC SPONSOR DREWTICK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Vass, NC
    Posts
    4,021
    #4
    the holes have to be drilled closer to the edge of the lids for the slam latches to work

  6. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Salisbury NC
    Posts
    26
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    the holes have to be drilled closer to the edge of the lids for the slam latches to work
    So is this something they can do while building the boat at the factory?

  7. BBC SPONSOR DREWTICK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Vass, NC
    Posts
    4,021
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Mako21LTS View Post
    So is this something they can do while building the boat at the factory?
    nope, I doubt they drill the holes, the lids are more than likely pre made by model by by someone doing the metal work and its my understanding that only the PHXs will have them at this time and the other models cant be special ordered that way currently.

  8. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Salisbury NC
    Posts
    26
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    nope, I doubt they drill the holes, the lids are more than likely pre made by model by by someone doing the metal work and its my understanding that only the PHXs will have them at this time and the other models cant be special ordered that way currently.

    Well dang that sucks lol

  9. BBC SPONSOR DREWTICK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Vass, NC
    Posts
    4,021
    #8
    Check with Jeff Hartung, it never hurts to ask

  10. Change is Good UglyBug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    1,250
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    Check with Jeff Hartung, it never hurts to ask
    I did and he said it was only available for the PHX. No plans to offer for anything else

    cheers
    Phoenix Rules! ---So There