Towing with cover

Is the factory cover for the V20 a towable cover, do any of you guys tow with yours?
    Ricky Rutherford
    2017 Legend V20
    2017 250 Pro XS

I only tow with mine when its raining. I put towels between the hull and the cover on the back of the boat where the rope/cover rubs the hull. So far no issues with scuffing the gel coat at all.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” – Hunter S Thompson

2017 V20
    2017 PRO XS

3. Member
    Yes I tow with it on but mainly when its wet to keep out the road grime and got a roll of plastic rap (like is used on supplies on pallets) and wrap it all the way around the gunnel before putting the cover to prevent scuffing. 2015 V20

I've got the same pallet wrap at my camp. Most of my buddies think I am insane when I bust it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xed ya View Post
    Yes I tow with it on but mainly when its wet to keep out the road grime and got a roll of plastic rap (like is used on supplies on pallets) and wrap it all the way around the gunnel before putting the cover to prevent scuffing. 2015 V20

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” – Hunter S Thompson

2017 V20
    2017 PRO XS

5. Member

That's thinking outside of the box. Thanks for sharing

6. Member
    I do the same thing. it's cheap and easy. I had a basscat and the finish was tore up pretty good the first time I towed w/ the cover. My legend has quite a bit more of that fleece material inside so the effect of honing the finish is reduced. I also just took it in to have a couple more straps put on it.