Power Pole Tilt Bracket

Has anyone used the new tilt brackets from Hydrilla Gear for 10' Power Pole Blades. Looking for opinions good or bad. Thanks

2. Member
    Probley worth it if you have a garage so you can get your boat in or some in that nature.

3. Member
    Have used them for 3 years. They are great. Well built. Worth it to have the 10 footers! Great guy to deal with.

4. Member
    Works perfectly. I have them for my 10 ft blades on a z118c.

5. Member
    Thanks. Wanting to upgrade my ( 2 ) 8' Pro's to 10' Blades on my z119c but do not have enough ceiling height in garage. This sounds like what I need.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Z19 View Post
    Thanks. Wanting to upgrade my ( 2 ) 8' Pro's to 10' Blades on my z119c but do not have enough ceiling height in garage. This sounds like what I need.
    Why not just deploy the poles and save some bucks?
    2007 Sterling 22xs-Yamaha 250-Dual 10 foot blades-Ipilot-Bobs Jack plate-HDS 8 (SOLD)
    2016 Sterling 220XS: (SOLD)
    2008 SCB Topcat 250 XS (SOLD)
    Current:
    2014 SCB Stingray Sport Merc 300XS
    2018 ES Custom Revolution 25 Merc 400R

Do the tilt brackets have any play in them?
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    Do the tilt brackets have any play in them?
    Very little.

9. BBC SPONSOR
    As of next week we are releasing our Gen2 tilt bracket. The Gen2 tilt bracket is 1lb lighter than the current unit and does not include any pull pins. Everything is self contained. Additional information will be released shortly along with pictures.

The 1st run of brackets had very minimal play in them. We then machined the delrin bushings a bit thicker to try and totally eliminate all play. Keep in mind we have used delrin bushings on all faces and in doing so the tilt brackets cannot eat at themselves.

Linesider you are correct. Some Power Pole owners can simply lower the pole to clear the door. Others do not have this luxury. In addition some users like to trailer with the poles down.

Please let us know if anyone has any further questions.
    Last edited by Hydrilla Gear; 01-11-2016 at 12:19 PM.

10. Member
    How will pricing compare to the gen 1's
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    2006 Ranger 521 svx
    2006 Evinrude Etec E225DHLSDF #05135216

(Dads)
    1995 Champion 202
    1997 Johnson Venom 200STLEUB SN# G04338914 Built 4/97

11. Banned
    I would own them in a heartbeat if they worked for my hull. Hydrilla puts out some high quality stuff!

Just ordered a set and can't wait to install them. Thanks Richard! I'll post pictures once I get them in and installed.

2018 21' GatorTrax Strike Series, 250 Yamaha SHO

13. Member
    Do you tow with them up or down?

I am interested in going with 10' poles in the future.

I plan to tow with them laying down. Also when making long boat runs at high speeds.

15. BBC SPONSOR
    No problem traveling with them laying down however they will need to be secured to stop them from bouncing around.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by H22BASS250SHO View Post
    I plan to tow with them laying down. Also when making long boat runs at high speeds.
    I have 10' Blades and tilt brackets. I'm not saying you can't make runs with them down, but it will be a huge PITA, and they will probably be damaged within minutes of your run. First of all, you will have to reach out and undo the bottom pins so they come forward. This will not be easy on the water. Secondly, the Blades are pretty long and will criss-cross in the center of your back deck. Additionally, they will need to be secured down and have a padding where they intersect as well as on the deck. Basically you will have to do the same for towing with them down. I've had my set-up for three years and the only time the Blades are down is when they are in the garage. One other thing to consider is having enough slack in your hydraulic lines so they can tilt back and forth. The person who originally installed my Blades gave very little room and thought they would be in a fixed position. Alas, I had to purchase new lines and fittings once I installed my brackets.

Do you have the travel covers on your poles? I have them on my 10' blades now and they are padded pretty thick. On the highway or water when I'm not going to use them, I will have a ratchet strap across them, attached to recessed cleats. I do have enough rubber hose line slack that will move through my through hull fittings. From my understanding, the new Gen 2 brackets do not have the removable pin. It's a spring loaded clasp pin system. I'll post my results when I get them in.