Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Dual Pro with lithium batteries

Got my sportsman series 3bank charger with proper lithium profile. Plugged them in. Next morning, one was fully charged and the other two were at 70%. Let it go a few more hours and still 70%. Unplugged for a few hours and plugged them back in. Same thing, two batteries go to 70% and no higher. Unplug charger and all batteries read 13.75ish volts. Anyone else experiencing this?

2. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Swap the leads around and see if you get 100% on the other battery. Should be charged in just a few hours. I it should show in a few minutes if it’s full, then swap to the last one and check it.

I did. I'm not sure why though. Go out and run the crap out of the batteries. Plug them in and let them charge up. I'll bet they go green...if not repeat one more time.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

4. Member
    I have a similar setup and had the same thing happen to one of my new Lithium batteries. Checked the voltage on the 70% battery and it was 13.8v, which is “fully charged”. Used the batteries with no ill effect, and I couldn’t tell the difference in performance.

5. Member
    Plan on using them this wkd. Hopefully all works as it should afterwards.

6. Member
    I’ve had this problem with two different Dualpro chargers and my Relions. I’m not sure the level of charge lights really work with the lithiums like with conventional batteries.

7. Banned
    my dualpro will do it once it a while showing the cycle didnt complete, but its very rare. 95% of the time they go all green. voltage is always right even when they don't

8. Member
    So if it happens do ya'll just charge for so many hours or just plug them in the night before going fishing?

9. Member
    I put lithiums in my boat last summer and used my charger as was for the first few weeks because I had a tournament. Same thing would happen. After the tournament I sent the charger in to get reprogrammed for the lithiums and everything works great. The lithiums apparently like a different charging profile. Cost me $20 or $25 a bank (plus shipping). I just had 2 done since I still run a regular starting battery.

10. Member
    I ordered this charger with the lithium profile and the power cord has a tag that states it has a lithium profile.

11. BBC SPONSOR

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by chad202 View Post
    I ordered this charger with the lithium profile and the power cord has a tag that states it has a lithium profile.

Feed back from Lithium owners and some lithium companies show to have issues with Dual Pro and charging the batteries.

Minn Kota Precision set to Performance AGM

12. Banned
    mine dual pro was re-programmed with the lithium profile and was provided to me for free by relion. charges just fine. either of the 3 changing lights just don't go to green vary rarely. you won't get a full charge with an agm cycle

13. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    If your not getting a full green and swapped the leads and still getting the same thing something is wrong! For the cost of this set up you need to call the charger company and the battery company and find what’s going on!

As with any battery just because you show 13 volts doesn’t mean the battery is good, I have seen many time where a battery will show over 12 volts and still have a bad cell and not start a engine!

I would say the battery company or charger company would like to know what’s going on also so the can check their software and set up.

14. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    mine dual pro was re-programmed with the lithium profile and was provided to me for free by relion. charges just fine. either of the 3 changing lights just don't go to green vary rarely. you won't get a full charge with an agm cycle
    You have been saying for a while about your FREE charger!!!!
    Relion doesn’t provide this per them, it’s up to the dealer, and no one else has stated they get a FREE charger!!
    But thanks for pointing out again that “YOU” got a FREE charger!!

15. Banned
    as far as i know micheal was providing a free charger to anyone who buys a complete set of batteries. Ive had mine for over 3 years, so no clue what he's doing now. kinda confusing when you say they don't provide one but then you say some dealers do. Also there is nothing wrong with the charger.
    Last edited by TroyBoy30; 02-13-2018 at 07:50 AM.

16. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post

as far as i know micheal has always provided a free charger to anyone who buys a complete set of batteries
    . kinda confusing when you say they don't provide one but then you say some dealers do. Also there is nothing wrong with the charger
    I think this is where the confusion comes from. From your explanation, you said your Dual pro was re-programmed for free by Relion. Nothing about getting a free one from Relion. Now who is Michael? Is he the head cheese at Relion or one of their distributors? For the price of the batteries and a charger you should get something for free besides a courtesy reach around.

17. Banned
    no where did I say 'was re-programmed for free by relion'. I said the charger was provided to me free from relion. my charger was free as part of my package of 3 100ah batteries. as to who re-programmed it for lithium, I have no clue, but I assume dual pro did it for relion as the charger obviously has to be opened to be re-programmed. I'm more than happy with what I got for the price. your opinion may vary obviously.

Last edited by TroyBoy30; 02-13-2018 at 07:49 AM.

18. Member
    I bought four 100ah Relions and didn't get nor was offered anything free.

19. Member
    Same no free anything here

20. Banned
    you guys didn't haggle enough

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast