Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I did replace my starting battery with a Lithium Pro ( make sure you tell them it is for a Yamaha SHO ) works just fine no more shutting down. The Relion was shutting down.
    Richard Woods VA Beach,VA
    US Navy ETC/SS Retired
    SKEETER ZX225 / 225 SHO W/Power Pole CHARGE
    GET HER DONE! (Helix 10 G3, 12 G3,Garmin ECHOMAP 106 /livescope and M360 Bow all NMEA2k)
    Relion lithium batteries for T/M and LithiumPro for Motor)

3. Member
    I should have updated this before now..I'm been running the Lithium Pro's for a couple months now and they are great. Haven't had one single issue from them. I installed a Vextron Battery meter so I could keep on eye on the voltage's, battery levels ,etc and the batteries have been perfect so far. I will have to say that in my experience, Lithium Pro is suffering from growing pains and customer service needs some work. Getting batteries and charges has proven almost impossible for a couple of friends of mine. One had a charger issue, and its taking forever to get that lined out. I will say that every time that I've called, they have been very responsive in answering my questions and eager to assist.

The long run times, HUGE reduction in weight in my boat, I'd buy these again in a second for my boat. The price is high, but for me, the results and benefits are more than worth it.

Jim
    Blazer 650 PRO /Nizpro SC SHO

4. Member
    The charging system - seems to be a lot of confusion and questions on this, and misinformation. My bird came with a 4-Bank Pro charger, like most bird will. I put in one 12-volt(110mah) for cranking, graphics, wells ,etc, and put in one 36-volt for the trolling motor. I use the M1236 running charger that Lithium Pro sells as part of a package deal., or you can buy it alone. I believe the M1236 has since been replaced with the M1238 charger..Either way, they both work the same. After two phone calls to Lithium Pro to verify how to set up, this is my setup. I did EXACLY what they told me to do. Follow directions on installing the M1238 charger - it hooks up between the cranking battery and the trolling battery. Hook two banks of the Pro Charger(this makes 20amp charging) to the 12-volt cranking battery. Pick any channels you want, doesn't matter.

The M1238 is a running charger meaning that it charges the batteries while the motor is running. At home just plug in your Pro Charger as you normally would except - Once your lights turn green indicating the Pro Charger is trickling, unplug - more on that below - AFTER the 12V main battery is topped(90% I believe is the figure I was told), the M1238 charger will then start charging the 36v trolling battery ...The M1238 is working through/with the current that is being provided by the Pro Charger through the cranking batery..Basically when the Pro Charger tops off the cranking battery, the power then flows through the M1238 to charge the trolling battery...

Lithium Pros batteries(any lithium for that matter) are NOT suppose to be trickle or float charged. According the the guys at Lithium Pro, no one makes a charger that doesn't in one way or the other trickle after full charging. So they advised to to plug up at home a day or two before a trip, charge that batteris till you get full/green lights on your Pro Charger ,then unplug the power. I was told the Lithium's would hold a charge for a long time, but advised to every so often charger them if the boat isn't being used often.

Again, there seems to be lots of confusion on the "net" about how to setup and charge these batteries...I'm doing it exactly like Lithium Pro told me too, and had zero issue thus far.
    Blazer 650 PRO /Nizpro SC SHO

5. Member
    I have 3 80 amp Smart pro batteries. Have the same problem. Engine and electronics shut down when engine is running over 3500 rpms on my 2015 Sho. Voltage will spike to 16 volts and back down. The owner of the company and I called Yamaha to find out the problem. They think because the system is fully charged the battery protection system is causing a skip voltage. And sending the wrong info the computer and it shuts it down. Same thing with my GPS it see a quick spike and shuts down. The owner of smart battery Victor is driving here to meet me and help me fix the problems his morning . I will keep you posted as to what we find out.

6. Member
    So The Smart battery owner Victor just left here. Had to take the computer override board out of the start battery. It has a surge protector that will Kick the battery off if it was fully charged and send a false signal back to the battery system that it was see too many volts. Took it out. Battery’s now sees 14.3 and the system is running completely normal. He and I ran tests on the output from the alternator and the battery. Run the boat for about 45 min and All is perfect. Great customer service from these guys. Can believe that the went as far as they did to help resolve my problem. WWW.smartbattery.com

7. Member
    Sounds like good customer service right there.

Had the same problem With my Smart Battery Friday, motor and HB788 would shut down but HB Helix 12s would not. I could not get up with Victor because it was too late to catch him, will try Monday. Meantime we just put an AGM battery for motor. Five batteries on board, Damn them AGM batteries are heavy

12 lbs 9 oz caught on 4/28/1975 Lake Eufaula

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12