Thread: elites

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

elites

how many places do they pay? I have looked all over bassmasters and can,t find the payout.

I believe that they pay down to 51 places. The last bracket of checks are $10,000.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

3. Member
    Jeff is correct. Places 13-51 pay $10K. 1st pays $100K, then progressively smaller down to 12. It will be posted when the tournament is over.

Go to results and put 2017 in as the year. It is defaulted to 2018 but since this is the first tournament and it's not over (as I type this) there is no results. You can see several years back in the payouts in the archives. If my memory is correct 50-12 gets 10K then it goes up 500 a spot from 12-4. 2-3 get a decent jump in pay and 1st is 100K.

Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
    Jeff is correct. Places 13-51 pay $10K. 1st pays $100K, then progressively smaller down to 12. It will be posted when the tournament is over.
    ! guy makes very good money , 12 make a decent 2 weeks pay , 37 break even , 57 lose money . Where is all the sponsor money , to BASS .

6. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    12 make a decent 2 weeks pay , .
    I don’t understand this part. The bottom checks are $10,000 hell it takes my 6-7 weeks to make that. Not to mention the checks are higher for the top 12.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix921 View Post
    I don’t understand this part. The bottom checks are $10,000 hell it takes my 6-7 weeks to make that. Not to mention the checks are higher for the top 12.
    It costs 10,000 to enter!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ohmegabass View Post
    Nope

Quote Originally Posted by ohmegabass View Post
    Entry fee for the Elites is $5,ooo.
    Just can't leave well enough alone!!

98 Stratos 273 w/ 150 Faststrike

10. Member
    If the entry is $5000, BASS pays out more than the entry fees, so better than your Wednesday night dogfight.
    110 elites @ $5,000 each = $550,000
    Price money is $638,000
    Shortfall is $88,000
    No idea how much the title sponsor, plus the others kick in, not to mention how much the host city chips in.

If you pay 5 grand to enter and win back 10 grand you break about even with all the expenses , but if you finish above top 52 + then you go broke quickly .

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    If you pay 5 grand to enter and win back 10 grand you break about even with all the expenses , but if you finish above top 52 + then you go broke quickly .
    Yep, that's about the size of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix921 View Post
    10,000 - 5000 entry at least 2,000.00 for expensives gas , food , lodging ect.

14. Banned
    Not a high % option to make a living.

15. Member
    How far down if any do mfgs pay. Such as Ranger pays so much if you are in a ranger boat. TH marine has pay outs if you use certain products etc. Power pole does the same as well. So that is on top of tournament winnings. Not sure if anyone pays past 1st place though.

I would really love to know more about the financials of pro fishing. Im guessing a majority have a sponsor or 2 picking up the tab for entry fees at this level. I cant imagine with 5 k entry fees and a majority of the payouts only being 10k that they are funding life on tour with winnings.

Quote Originally Posted by dewyg0606 View Post
    Not a high % option to make a living.
    If you are counting on tournament winnings as your sole source of income.
    Sick, tired, hungry, broke, busted, disgusted, can't be trusted, been imposed on and won't fight

Not wanting to be negative but if you made all 9 cuts ( TOP 50 ) looks like you would collect about $50,000 to live on going on the road for a couple of months . Thats after entry fees . Of course there are a handful of well sponsored guys out there , I wish there was a way for them to make TV sports money .

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    How far down if any do mfgs pay. Such as Ranger pays so much if you are in a ranger boat. TH marine has pay outs if you use certain products etc. Power pole does the same as well. So that is on top of tournament winnings. Not sure if anyone pays past 1st place though.

I would really love to know more about the financials of pro fishing. Im guessing a majority have a sponsor or 2 picking up the tab for entry fees at this level. I cant imagine with 5 k entry fees and a majority of the payouts only being 10k that they are funding life on tour with winnings.
    The top tier guys like Ike, KVD, and Swindle are making a decent living at it because they have built a sponsor base that supports them. BUT a lot of them, if not the majority, are paying most of it out of their own pocket. I've heard a lot of guys (maybe more so on the FLW side) play credit card roulette every year. They max out their credit cards at the beginning of the season to cover entry fees, etc. and hope they have enough to pay it off at the end of the season.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    most guys know Marty Stone as the commentator for MLF. Some remember when he fished the Tour. Well, there was a story about how broke the guys must be so he decided to interview a few of them. They all agreed to be 100% honest.

Keep in mind this was in 2007... a full 10 years ago!

https://www.bassmaster.com/news/show-me-money

20. Member
    Bottom line.....unless you are well sponsored .....or can win at least 2 elite events per year.....you will not last long out on the series.
    The mid to lower level elite guys do not travel lavishly.....many bunk up together. I really respect the guys who are under extreme financial pressure yet can still focus on fishing and get the distractions out of their heads.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast