Helix 7 G2 Point One

I’m having a hard time finding information on how to install, and plug in a point one to a helix 7. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

You would need the G2N version of Helix 7 to have a connection for the NMEA 2000 network.
    If you have that, you need the AS ETH NMEA2K black box, the AS EC QDE Ethernet adapter, and an Ethernet cable.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Thank you sir

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    You would need the G2N version of Helix 7 to have a connection for the NMEA 2000 network.
    If you have that, you need the AS ETH NMEA2K black box, the AS EC QDE Ethernet adapter, and an Ethernet cable.
    It won't work Wayne! I have tried that! HELIX will never work with Lowrance Point 1, only ONIX/SOLIX can do it. I have Point-1 on board (I have both Humminbird and Lowrance units on my boat) and though I could connect my Helix 12 to it via AS ETH NMEA2K. No way! It doesn't work, it works only in the black box menu, it doesn't work on map view or enywhere else. HELIX is really limited in what it can do through NMEA 2000.
    BLuRRnAWAY, just go with Humminbird AS GPS HS antenna and you will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by CHOOhonets View Post
    It won't work Wayne! I have tried that! HELIX will never work with Lowrance Point 1, only ONIX/SOLIX can do it. I have Point-1 on board (I have both Humminbird and Lowrance units on my boat) and though I could connect my Helix 12 to it via AS ETH NMEA2K. No way! It doesn't work, it works only in the black box menu, it doesn't work on map view or enywhere else. HELIX is really limited in what it can do through NMEA 2000.
    BLuRRnAWAY, just go with Humminbird AS GPS HS antenna and you will be fine.
    Thanks
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    Pretty sure you can use the GPS portion of the Point One, outside of the NMEA views, but not the heading sensor feed.

7. Member
    Haven't checked that. I was interested in heading.