Abu Villain or Fenwick Aetos spinning?

Have opportunity to get either/or for same price...Aetos is a 7' MH while Villain is 6'10 M...thinking I'd use for soft-bodied swimbaits or light topwater (poppers, Chugs)...thoughts guys?

2012 Stratos 189 VLO/150 Mercury Pro XS/MinnKota Terrova

2. Member
    I don't think the Villain is available in a 6'10" Medium. They've got a 7' Medium, 6'10" Medium Light, and 6'8" Medium. That being said, I prefer a Medium (Abu Medium, each manufacturer is different with actions/stiffness) action for topwater. But I use the 6'10" Medium Light Villain 2.0 casting rod w/Revo Premier for throwing small keitechs for smallmouth... and it the ULTIMATE rod for that.

I don't think you'd have a problem using the 6'10" medium light for small poppers 1/4oz , but a Chug Bug 3/8oz would be pushing the limit (in my opinion) for that rod.

3. Member
    I have both the 6’10 ML and the 7’0” medium. Go with the villain. The 2.0 series is a very good stick for the money. I found mine cheap and like it almost as much as the fantasista premier.

i agree that the medium light is good up to about a 1/4 oz but the 7’0” would work for all your needs almost.

4. Member
    I bought a Villain 2.0 7’ medium, liked it so much I bought another. Great rods