Thread: S/S prop

S/S prop

Bought a 15 alumacraft classic 165 with a 60 hp honda 4 stroke last summer. Am wondering if a S/S prop would give any performance improvements over the alum. prop that came with it. Or if with such a low hp motor would be a waste of money. Boat performance is very good with 2 people and gear but drops off a bit with 3 people.

2. Member
    I went from a 12 pitch to 13 pitch aluminum to ss prop. gained consistent 2mph on gps sometimes 3. The biggest different was the time to plane from start was cut dramatically. It feels like a lot more torque now.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Perchjerker19 View Post
    I went from a 12 pitch to 13 pitch aluminum to ss prop. gained consistent 2mph on gps sometimes 3. The biggest different was the time to plane from start was cut dramatically. It feels like a lot more torque now.
    Hey Perchjerker19 what hp motor do you have and how big a boat? My alum. prop is a 11x15 honda prop.

4. Member

USA

The stainless will outlast the aluminum prop. Unless the lakes you fish in have no brush, trees, or rocks in the water. Or you never go shallow. You fix an aluminum prop more than 3 times and you could buy a stainless ( which you would not have to repair unless you hit something like a BIG rock.

5. Member
    Honda BF40 on Alumacraft pro 165. When I switched props it went down from 11 3/4 diameter to a 10.5.