Thread: Vexus Boats

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member

2. Legend Boats Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ187elite View Post

Quote Originally Posted by zrp View Post
    Where did you see/hear this?
    Wander around the fishing and boat shows and you pickup some good information. You might also be surprised at the Electronics package as well.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

Quote Originally Posted by zrp View Post
    Where did you see/hear this?
    It was announced by Vexus when they had their big press conference early in December. And, it's been on their Facebook page.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by deepanchor View Post
    I just been trolling fishing boats on youtube and came across new boat company called Vexus Boats by Forrest Woods. Interesting. I guess they debut new bass boats in March 2018? Curious to see how this impacts the bass boat industry.
    I didnt think they were using the name of Forrest Wood, even though it is his son in law and grandson that founded Vexus boats
    1996 Javelin 409T DC /225 Johnson Venom

6. Member
    Sorry, I'd wait 5-6 years to see if they are going be around. The boat industry is pretty tough, I wish them the best of fortune but manufactures are going out year and year and a start up is very high risk.

7. Member
    Sorry but there is nothing they could build that's not already out. Waste of time and effort.
    04 521VX 250 Pro XS
    14 521C 250 Pro XS

8. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fishingmike View Post
    Sorry, I'd wait 5-6 years to see if they are going be around. The boat industry is pretty tough, I wish them the best of fortune but manufactures are going out year and year and a start up is very high risk.
    agree, no way would I buy a boat first year out
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bass.man65 View Post
    Sorry but there is nothing they could build that's not already out. Waste of time and effort.
    Seriously?

10. #FRB
    If they do it right and don't get too greedy I think they'll have at least enough of a following to keep the doors open. I predict a ton of very clean garage queens going up for sale in the next year or so.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

11. Member
    I'm still anxious to see what the dealer base for Vexus is. I can't imagine those boats at a dealership with any WRMG brands being sold - which is alot of bass boat dealerships. To start a new dealer network from the ground up has got to be one heckuva undertaking. I know these guys are good and will build a top notch product, but they have got their work cut out for them.
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

12. #FRB
    I wonder if a Stratos/Xpress dealer I know of will take on Vexus since Stratos got discontinued from what I've heard. He sold Champion and then Charger and Gambler before that so he's no stranger to moving niche boats. I do know he sells the hell out of Xpress so might be a conflict of interest with the tin Vexus. Just thinking out loud here.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

13. Member
    Vexus already made their first mistake. They had a big "grand opening" and didn't even have a plant, let alone a boat. Now everything hereafter will be an afterthought. That's what happens when you put engineers in charge of marketing.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

14. Member
    Really a big mistake? We are all debating what mistakes they have made, what dealers they can get to sell a boat even before a boat is available to see! Heck they even have their own forum board on here already. Seems to me their marketing department is working over time, and succeeding!

15. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    I agree the buzz they have created before even having a boat to sell is genius marketing.

16. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnkamp View Post
    Really a big mistake? We are all debating what mistakes they have made, what dealers they can get to sell a boat even before a boat is available to see! Heck they even have their own forum board on here already. Seems to me their marketing department is working over time, and succeeding!

Yep, bet there is more than a few folks that was ready to pull the trigger on a new boat, Now setting around to see about Vexus and the Charger198!!
    Talk is good even with negative comments!

Quote Originally Posted by bass.man65 View Post
    Was TOLD by a long time Ranger dealer that F. Wood did not sell ALL of his hull patents but retained the rights to some !!
    Besides; there is room for improvement in anything..

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ187elite View Post
    Hi Mike.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin Bob71 View Post
    I'm still anxious to see what the dealer base for Vexus is. I can't imagine those boats at a dealership with any WRMG brands being sold - which is alot of bass boat dealerships. To start a new dealer network from the ground up has got to be one heckuva undertaking. I know these guys are good and will build a top notch product, but they have got their work cut out for them.
    I might be interested in a Vexus dealership. To be one of the first in N. Ga could possibly be lucrative . I come from a family of car dealers so I have some idea of how they work.
    Ranger 520vx Yamaha 225 ox66.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    I agree the buzz they have created before even having a boat to sell is genius marketing.
    It could be if the product meets the ideas people have. Since there is no product to go off of people have developed their own idea of what's coming, and a lot are envisioning a new ranger. They might get off the train when they see this boat. More might get on. They have created a huge mountain to climb and definitely went about it different than most. I can't imagine spending all they've spent before they even have a product to sell or show. I think they will sell some boats. There's going to be a few that just have to have one just so they can say they do. Will be interesting to see where they are in 5 years

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast