Thread: 150HO Etec G2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

150HO Etec G2

How are these motors performing? I'm getting back into the fishing game and want know how these motors are performing and holding up?

You might like this independent appraisal of the 150 G2 Evinrude and how it performs against larger HP motors.

http://www.boattest.com/engine-revie...-4-Stroke_2018
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

Wow!!!!!! Nuff said. Not even in the same world!!! Etec G2 will be on my next boat.

4. Member
    We had 2 of them in 2017 and put 110 hours on each. Neither gave one code, error or any trouble. They are really remarkable engines. Compared to similar prior gen engine you may need to go up 2" in pitch because of gear ratio.

5. Member
    I have 25hrs and one summer on mine and I have zero complaints. Great motor with holeshot and super quiet and efficient.
    2017 Ranger 518 w/ Evinrude 150HO G2

6. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    I picked up my rig on 9/26/17 and had her out 6 times before winterizing and putting in storage, 'till May '18.

Absolutely wonderful so far, impressive! I hope I am still saying that 10 years from now!

10 year warranty, there are some stipulations, but how can you not buy something w/ that kind of warranty.
    Last edited by King_Fish; 02-13-2018 at 02:41 PM. Reason: editorial
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...

7. Member
    We have sold several on the Ranger 198, no complaints that I know of!!

8. Member
    I have had one since September, I really like it. Monster power and torque for a 150... Ive had zero issues with it

Quote Originally Posted by deepanchor View Post
    Wow!!!!!! Nuff said. Not even in the same world!!! Etec G2 will be on my next boat.

To top it off, until April 30th you get 10-years of factory coverage on a new Evinrude. No other company is even close to that type of engine protection.

Just think, you can enjoy the engine for 9 years and then if you trade it in or sell outright, you tell the new owner that he has a year of factory service coverage remaining. That adds greatly to the motor value in coming years.
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SEAHORSE View Post
    To top it off, until April 30th you get 10-years of factory coverage on a new Evinrude. No other company is even close to that type of engine protection.

Just think, you can enjoy the engine for 9 years and then if you trade it in or sell outright, you tell the new owner that he has a year of factory service coverage remaining. That adds greatly to the motor value in coming years.
    And even more for a whole rig, awesome deal 10 year warranty!!!

11. Member
    Only have 13 hrs on mine but I love it. I have said it on here before...to me, one of the best things about the g2 is the “auto trim”. Most trips I never touch the trim lever b/c of this feature.

Quote Originally Posted by ezellmer View Post
    We had 2 of them in 2017 and put 110 hours on each. Neither gave one code, error or any trouble. They are really remarkable engines. Compared to similar prior gen engine you may need to go up 2" in pitch because of gear ratio.
    What would be advisable prop pitch size for a 1550 lb bass boat with good hull lift if I want to achieve WOT 5850 rpms?

13. Member
    Mine came with a Raker HO 24p. Not sure the weight of a 518 but it runs as high as 6k in colder weather and 58-5900 in the summer
    2017 Ranger 518 w/ Evinrude 150HO G2

Quote Originally Posted by cwalsh View Post
    Mine came with a Raker HO 24p. Not sure the weight of a 518 but it runs as high as 6k in colder weather and 58-5900 in the summer
    Outstanding info and good to know. What kinda oh WOT numbers are you achieving at those RPMS? Impressive RPMs with 24p prop!!!! Thats the boat I'm considering.

15. Member
    I have a 2009 model that I have owned for 3 years.Zero problems,very quiet and will surprise you with the speed and torque.Just turn the key and go
    "keep your blood thin,you will live longer"

16. Member
    You must have some really good connections to get a 2009 model since they wern't introduced until 2014!
    Quote Originally Posted by wentbroketryingtogopro View Post
    I have a 2009 model that I have owned for 3 years.Zero problems,very quiet and will surprise you with the speed and torque.Just turn the key and go
    Pool 10

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mc Gregor View Post
    You must have some really good connections to get a 2009 model since they wern't introduced until 2014!
    Sorry guys,i guess mine is a gen 1
    "keep your blood thin,you will live longer"

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mc Gregor View Post
    He does have the connections,his grandparents own the company.As usual there one in every crowd
    keep working,your neighbor thanks you

Where is N2k rengin port.?

!50 ho Etec G2???

20. Member
    Yep, there's always one guy that knows the FACTS and one guy that just can't stand it!
    Quote Originally Posted by ethand View Post
    He does have the connections,his grandparents own the company.As usual there one in every crowd
    Pool 10

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast