Thread: 150HO Etec G2

Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Member deepanchor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Jasper
    Posts
    2,242

    150HO Etec G2

    How are these motors performing? I'm getting back into the fishing game and want know how these motors are performing and holding up?

  2.  
  3. Moderator SEAHORSE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    8,719
    #2
    You might like this independent appraisal of the 150 G2 Evinrude and how it performs against larger HP motors.

    http://www.boattest.com/engine-revie...-4-Stroke_2018
    -----


    A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

  4. Member deepanchor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Jasper
    Posts
    2,242
    #3
    Wow!!!!!! Nuff said. Not even in the same world!!! Etec G2 will be on my next boat.

  5. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Beaver Dam, WI
    Posts
    443
    #4
    We had 2 of them in 2017 and put 110 hours on each. Neither gave one code, error or any trouble. They are really remarkable engines. Compared to similar prior gen engine you may need to go up 2" in pitch because of gear ratio.

  6. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Claremont, NH
    Posts
    286
    #5
    I have 25hrs and one summer on mine and I have zero complaints. Great motor with holeshot and super quiet and efficient.
    2017 Ranger 518 w/ Evinrude 150HO G2

  7. Member King_Fish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Washington, PA
    Posts
    153
    #6
    I picked up my rig on 9/26/17 and had her out 6 times before winterizing and putting in storage, 'till May '18.

    Absolutely wonderful so far, impressive! I hope I am still saying that 10 years from now!

    10 year warranty, there are some stipulations, but how can you not buy something w/ that kind of warranty.
    Last edited by King_Fish; 02-13-2018 at 03:41 PM. Reason: editorial
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    150HP E-TEC G2
    Charcoal Metallic
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    80# Minn Kota Fortrex TM

  8. BBC SPONSOR
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    33,414
    #7
    We have sold several on the Ranger 198, no complaints that I know of!!

  9. Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Southern Colorado
    Posts
    28
    #8
    I have had one since September, I really like it. Monster power and torque for a 150... Ive had zero issues with it

  10. Moderator SEAHORSE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    8,719
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by deepanchor View Post
    Wow!!!!!! Nuff said. Not even in the same world!!! Etec G2 will be on my next boat.

    To top it off, until April 30th you get 10-years of factory coverage on a new Evinrude. No other company is even close to that type of engine protection.

    Just think, you can enjoy the engine for 9 years and then if you trade it in or sell outright, you tell the new owner that he has a year of factory service coverage remaining. That adds greatly to the motor value in coming years.
    -----


    A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

  11. BBC SPONSOR
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    33,414
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by SEAHORSE View Post
    To top it off, until April 30th you get 10-years of factory coverage on a new Evinrude. No other company is even close to that type of engine protection.

    Just think, you can enjoy the engine for 9 years and then if you trade it in or sell outright, you tell the new owner that he has a year of factory service coverage remaining. That adds greatly to the motor value in coming years.
    And even more for a whole rig, awesome deal 10 year warranty!!!

  12. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Central Louisiana
    Posts
    32
    #11
    Only have 13 hrs on mine but I love it. I have said it on here before...to me, one of the best things about the g2 is the “auto trim”. Most trips I never touch the trim lever b/c of this feature.

  13. Member deepanchor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Jasper
    Posts
    2,242
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by ezellmer View Post
    We had 2 of them in 2017 and put 110 hours on each. Neither gave one code, error or any trouble. They are really remarkable engines. Compared to similar prior gen engine you may need to go up 2" in pitch because of gear ratio.
    What would be advisable prop pitch size for a 1550 lb bass boat with good hull lift if I want to achieve WOT 5850 rpms?

  14. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Claremont, NH
    Posts
    286
    #13
    Mine came with a Raker HO 24p. Not sure the weight of a 518 but it runs as high as 6k in colder weather and 58-5900 in the summer
    2017 Ranger 518 w/ Evinrude 150HO G2

  15. Member deepanchor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Jasper
    Posts
    2,242
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by cwalsh View Post
    Mine came with a Raker HO 24p. Not sure the weight of a 518 but it runs as high as 6k in colder weather and 58-5900 in the summer
    Outstanding info and good to know. What kinda oh WOT numbers are you achieving at those RPMS? Impressive RPMs with 24p prop!!!! Thats the boat I'm considering.