Any of u guys near huston want to take a snow bird out ?

Im from ohio and will be in huston for a few days for a tool expo i dont know what the weather is like down there but its gotta be better the the 15 inches of ice on the lakes up here... ill pay for the trip if anyone is willing to go ill be there from the 14th to the 18th

2. Member
    Tom, exactly when will you be free? Where are you staying?

3. Member
    Its a tool expo as where i go to buy discounted product for my business so im free to come n go as i please however im flying back out sun morning an ill get back to u with where im staying ..... cant remember the name of the convention center

4. Member
    Im staying at the hilton thats connected to the george r brown convention center...

5. Member
    Wednesday afternoon is supposed to be OK weatherwise. Temps in the 70's by late afternoon, winds are expected to be lower than Thursday's. You are staying, essentially, downtown.

I live way up North. Depending on whether or not you have access to a car...I'll give you a number of no-cost options. (You might have to buy a hamburger on the way home. Ha Ha ).

Conroe (LM Bass) is about 1 1/2 hours North of you. I live about halfway up there. Conroe has a current reputation of some big bass and a number of tournaments are run there. I've never been all that lucky on it, but.... I am not exactly a bass fisherman. The fish are there. To increase both of our chances, we could split the cost of a guide. I've only really used a Hybrid guide on Conroe prior to this conversation. I know of a bass guide who might accommodate our afternoon trip if he is not booked.

Fayette County Lake is about two hours West of you. I could meet you someplace along the way. It is known as a "numbers" lake with fair amounts of 2 to 4 lb LM bass. There certainly are larger bass there, but I've not caught them so far. If just ...catching... is your goal, it probably offers the best choice, but is furthest away.

As you are downtown, you are actually closer to saltwater fishing than freshwater. I could pick you up at your hotel and we could head South to some portion of Clear Lake or Galveston Bay. You'd have a chance at catching specks (Spotted Sea Trout); redfish and maybe a lost Flounder. Again, we could try to find a guide for the afternoon and split the costs.

I have a 2007 17 ft. Lowe tinny. Not a fancy bass boat like you guys are all used to, but it catches fish all the same. You will have to buy a one-day non-resident license. Should cost $16.00 or so, and it covers both/either salt or freshwater.

There may be other guys with better offers...if so...take them, as I am not much of a bass fisherman, but I love to fish. I am 78 and retired but I get around just fine, thank you. Ha Ha

richg99

p.s. we could also go Thursday morning. Winds are supposed to be higher. I also have a wake that I have to go to that night, but could probably get home in time to attend it.

richg99 will put you on fish!!!!!!!

7. Member
    im mosly a bass fisherman but im not scared to go catch somthing different i just dont have alot of experience with it. i just have the itch to go fishing .... i was ice fishing on erie a while back but that just not the same lol also i do not have wheels but i guess i could rent somthing if need be

8. Member
    If we give salt water a try, you won't need anything. I'll pick you up at your hotel and bring you back. I have all the gear that you will need. How about we shoot for Wednesday?

When can you be ready? I am flexible as long as we let the rush hour go by. I'll PM you my phone #. richg99

9. Member
    i dont fly in till like 4pm on wed

10. Member
    Oops. Okay. Let me check. That complicates things I'll be back tomorrow. rich

11. Member
    Tom. I sent you a text. Wednesday would have worked perfectly. But the rest of your short time in Houston... I'm booked. Maybe next year. Rich