Got hosed by BFL.....but I did go to the boat show...

Well, to make the long story short. Signed up for the Hartwell tournament and was placed on the waiting list at spot 22. So I figure I have a chance to get in still, unless I can find a guaranteed boater. Anyway, I got the e-mail from FLW I am on the waiting list and will be notified if I am confirmed to fish the Tx (you all know the drill). As of 5:45 p.m. Friday evening, still no confirmation, but I get a call from the tournament director, telling me I only have 10 minutes to sign in at registration, I told him I never received any confirmation to fish. Found out they had a last minute rush of boaters, and I was able to get in, but it was to late and I wasn't notified of it. Told the T Director the situation, plus I had already up unpacked my gear and called it a day, but will be a Murray next month.

The rest of the story, I went to the Columbia boat show today. Not to good as it used to be, a lot of aluminum rigs I was impressed with. Five bucks to park, seven bucks to get in, and 4 bucks for a bottle of beer if you wanted one. I just go on line to look at boats. No fishing stuff being sold.

2. Member
    That sucks.

3. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    That's the bad thing if you don't have a link you are at their mercy and why take the chance and spend the money driving up from Columbia to turn around and go home.

4. Member
    I'm just PO'd that they did not call, texted, or e-mailed me when I became eligble. I would have been there in a heart beat.
    Last edited by usmc03; 02-18-2018 at 07:53 PM.

5. Member
    USMC 03. I was lucky enough to get in the tournament. I was originally #4 on the wait list and was notified in plenty of time. I placed poorly only boating one fish, but that was my fault. I had the bites. I’m also looking for a boater link, and have posted in a few different places. If I find more than one, I will send them your way. I’d appreciate you doing the same. Bill Beard - Retired Swabby.

6. Member
    USMC 03. If you haven’t already, you may want to join the TH Marine BFL Link finder page on facebook. I just found it, and will give it a try as well.

Not being able to take your boat out of the water to weigh has kept me from fishing more

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by That4car View Post
    USMC 03. I was lucky enough to get in the tournament. I was originally #4 on the wait list and was notified in plenty of time. I placed poorly only boating one fish, but that was my fault. I had the bites. I’m also looking for a boater link, and have posted in a few different places. If I find more than one, I will send them your way. I’d appreciate you doing the same. Bill Beard - Retired Swabby.
    Hey, at least you got a fish and the points to go with it. That is all that counts, the next Tx at Murray, will change the standings. As long as you can weigh-in a fish , that is all that counts to make the regional. Bill, if I find us some boaters I'll let them know your looking also.

Take and be safe ..... usmc03
    Last edited by usmc03; 02-12-2018 at 04:24 PM.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cattdaddy View Post
    Not being able to take your boat out of the water to weigh has kept me from fishing more
    Brett, I agree with that, it would make things go a lot easier at weigh-in. Especially at Green Pond, they put more docks in lately, but the climb to the parking lot is still a pain in the butt.

Also, great CBC Tx you put on at Murray Saturday before last. I enjoyed the weigh-in, some really nice fish brought in.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by usmc03 View Post
    Brett, I agree with that, it would make things go a lot easier at weigh-in. Especially at Green Pond, they put more docks in lately, but the climb to the parking lot is still a pain in the butt.

Also, great CBC Tx you put on at Murray Saturday before last. I enjoyed the weigh-in, some really nice fish brought in.
    Good news on the weigh in and hills at Hartwell. BFL and the local chamber had folks there with golf carts to move us around. The weigh in was trailered meaning that boats were taken out of the water before weigh in. This was my first one, but I would have to say they did a nice job running the tournament. Most of the new docks at Green Pond are now in.

Hope we can trailer at Murray....I don't mind the walk but the boat gets beat up bad at BFLs when they make you weigh 1st