Thread: Gearing Up

Lightbulb Gearing Up

Been awhile since the fish and ski thread had any new posts. Everyone is gearing up for the 2018 fishing season! Any new cool modifications or upgrades to the rigs?

2. Member
    Have a few thing waiting to be put on, but it is 2 degrees with about 14 inches of snow on the ground yet around here! Think I will wait until it warms up a bit! How bout you?
    2005 Stratos 290SF / 225 Yamaha VMAX

3. Member
    Wow....that's a bit on the chilly side! Installed a Minn Kota Ultrex and currently in the market for some electronics upgrades. I'll be dropping it off for its beginning of the year service and tune up this week. Almost time to hit the water!

4. Member
    Getting ready to pull the trigger on an Ultrex and new tubing prop. Also having some custom rod holders made for my center storage.
    John Wolff
    2003 Allison XB21 2+2
    2003 Mercury 250xs

Will be getting my new XI5 rigged up on my Coral next week.

6. Member
    I'm working with the mechanic now to try and dial in my performance and handling. I'm lucky when I can get over 50 mph. He suggested going with a 10" jack plate vs my 8" and trying a 4 blade prop. Going run it with him this week see what we can come up with.

7. Member
    It will be my first summer with my Renegade F/S so I'm just looking forward to getting out there and catching some fish!

8. Member
    This will be my first real fishing time with my Fish & Ski, bought late last summer. 1996 Hydra Sport 205 FS. It has a 200 Venom. I did take it up to 64 with two of us and gear on Lake Michigan. My first bass boat so really nothing to compare to but it seems really really fast out of the hole. Just purchased an I pilot Minn Kota to replace the stock Johnson troller and mounted a hummingbird unit. I need to work on a rod storage solution.

9. Member
    I have already had my ProCraft 215 Combo out this spring and got it fishy smelling. Weather is looking good for this weekend so will have her out again.

10. Member
    Here's a couple things that happened recently....

going to be redoing my dash soon, that's my next project so I can get that carbon mounted better.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Chad Snow / Massachusetts
    2007 Ranger Reata 210 - Mercury Optimax 225 (#1B446134) - 12' Talons
    Carbon12’s @ Bow w/ AT- live 12 w/ 3D & live 7 @ Helm

11. Member
    SOMEBODY had a great Christmas!! Very nice!!
    2005 Stratos 290SF / 225 Yamaha VMAX

12. Member
    switch to Garmins a 12 on bow with panoptix. 9 at helm. some new ballzout mounts too.. new helm seats . ..hopefully start new install soon..still 40 inches of ice covering the lakes
    Nitro2023 triton allure 250 proxs
    Garmin marine
    prostaff

13. Member
    Got the dash panel done - that was a fun project.. added fusion radio that works with the graphs and has controller in the dash, added RED LED's around the bow and some in the seating area. put white ones under the lids. been a fun spring! hoping to get it on the water sometime this week!

14. Member
    Cool new toys..

15. Member
    I ordered a foil from Chris Bailey. Not sure in his turnaround time these days, but that will be going on when it arrives!! Hoping that helps me up on plane a bit better when the family is with me.... if not may have to go down in pitch on the prop ....

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowedin3 View Post
    Here's a couple things that happened recently....

going to be redoing my dash soon, that's my next project so I can get that carbon mounted better.

WOW! That HDS 12 is massive! You won't be able to see where you are driving!! ;)
    - Rods & Reels are like women. The more expensive they are the lighter they are ... the cheaper they are the heavier they are. -

17. Member
    Adam that’s why I had to make the new dash haha