Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Who is doing Keto?

Started roughly 3.5 weeks ago and down 20 pounds. So far doing really well with cravings and things and not hungry. Post up a good Keto recipe if you got one

2. Member
    My wife comes up with all kinds of stuff off a FB groups Adkins & low diet group and Dr Adkins Diet. She also scans Pintrest.

I won't do no carb, tried that about 15 years ago. I am not even counting carbs. I do try and stay under 40 a day. I cut out all bread. You can find lots of bread substitutes on the web. Most are made with egg and almond flour.

Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    My wife comes up with all kinds of stuff off a FB groups Adkins & low diet group and Dr Adkins Diet. She also scans Pintrest.

I won't do no carb, tried that about 15 years ago. I am not even counting carbs. I do try and stay under 40 a day. I cut out all bread. You can find lots of bread substitutes on the web. Most are made with egg and almond flour.
    I have been using Almond Flour for my chicken coatings and its actually quite good. Im keeping my carbs at around 10 per day but absolutely having zero sugar. Drinking water throughout the day instead of soda and quit drinking capt and coke at night. Usually one or two nights a week I will have a Michelob Ultra

Down 26 pounds now and still going strong on the Keto diet. 31 more pounds to reach my goal of 185

5. Member
    I started a no/low carb diet Jan 5. I am down 29pounds so far. I don’t do the substitute xxx for yyy game, except that my wife now uses coconut flour for breading on fish and chicken. I eat like I always have, just skip the bread, potatoes, rice, etc.
    Tracker Panfish 16

Bonafide EX123 Kayak

Quote Originally Posted by Warhawk View Post
    I started a no/low carb diet Jan 5. I am down 29pounds so far. I don’t do the substitute xxx for yyy game, except that my wife now uses coconut flour for breading on fish and chicken. I eat like I always have, just skip the bread, potatoes, rice, etc.
    Thats exactly what im doing too. I have completely eliminated sugar and am using no substitute. Nice job on the 29 lb weight loss. The thing I love about this diet is it seems very easy and I eat until im full and some of these keto recipes are pretty tasty and easy to prepare

7. Member
    Down 20, but we are not totally carb free. I’m on the road again this week. That’s when you really have to watch the menu. Plus hotels lay cookies out every day LOL.

8. Member
    A great substitute for flour/breading for frying chicken or fish is pork rinds, they also work as a bread crumb substitute. Just get plain ones, put them in a ziploc, use a rolling pin to crush them into fine pieces and add your favorite spices to them, do your egg wash and roll in the mixture. The wife and I started doing this and the kids even love it, they get nice and crispy. Works for baking as well if you don't want to fry as much. We now get to eat chicken parm and fried fish, she found some low carb egg noodles online, cook them up and make regular noodles for the kids.

9. Member
    We use pork rinds as well, sometimes mix half BBQ in there.

Started in December at 288. Even after a few weeks out of town I was at 264 this morning.

10. Member
    Me. 274.9 end of December and 246.9 today.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Landar View Post

Hit 30 lbs on the weight loss this morning. 27 more to get to my goal of 185. Keto is the easiest diet going and the food is delicious

Quote Originally Posted by Landar View Post
    Nice work

14. Member
    Congrats Landar, hit the 30 mark this weekend myself.

15. Member
    Congrats on the weight loss. Are you on a true keto or paleo? If it's true keto, watch out with the high fat intake as it's not a very heart healthy diet. Definitely will lose weight quick though.

16. Member
    I’ve been working out of town all week, on an expense account. I was down 35pounds before I left, but I’m afraid I’ve backslid a little. I can’t resist good Cajun food.
    Tracker Panfish 16

Bonafide EX123 Kayak

17. Member
    I also wanted to report on my lab results. I am a type 2 diabetic, the catalyst for me to start this new way of eating was my A1C going above 9 (normal is 7 or under, high is diabetic). My doctor prescribed a weekly injectable diabetes medicine. Not a big deal really, but it told me I was headed in the wrong direction.

so Jan 5th of this year, I cut carbs out of my diet. More accurately I cut potatoes, bread, rice, pasta, etc. I cut all that out of my diet. Last week I went in for a checkup and my A1C was at 5.4 and I was down a little over 30 pounds. My doctor was surprised and took me off the injectable med. I go back in 90 days and if my level is still in the normal range, I come off the daily diabetes pill too.
    Tracker Panfish 16

Bonafide EX123 Kayak

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fencepanda View Post
    Congrats on the weight loss. Are you on a true keto or paleo? If it's true keto, watch out with the high fat intake as it's not a very heart healthy diet. Definitely will lose weight quick though.
    My wife and I try to watch the fat intake as well. I won't call what we do a "diet" per say. It's more about giving up the starch's, breads, etc.. IE carbs and cutting out the fat as well. We eat lots of chicken and lean meat. I bet what go through a few stalks of celery a week as snack food. If I want something sweet I eat sugar free jello or maybe pudding made with organic milk. Sometimes it's a small cup of peanuts? I seldom drink a soda. If I want a steak or other red meat I eat it, but not a fatty cut. I'll eat black berries or strawberry's another words berries for fruit. Some days we will buy a few apples and oranges. But those are rare occasions. Line I said, in the past quarter we have went out and had a pizza a couple of times. We would go nuts if we didn't have a nice meal of what we wanted once and a while. The problem is you have to remember it's a once and a while thing. The times when I pack the weight back on. is when I say to heck with it and just eat processed food or what ever I want for a year at a time.

Im doing a little bit of both. A few recipes we do are more Paleo, but most are true Keto. I think the biggest thing for me is zero sugar. Carb intake is less than 10 on most days and the occasional day of having 20. Im down 38 pounds since the middle of January. Ive got 19 more to lose for my target and then I will add in a moderate amount of carbs here and there. Since Ive started this I have just learned to plan my eating better and say no to the sugar

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast