Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Update on weight loss. Im down 47 pounds. Started at 242 and down to 195. Ten more pounds for my goal. Ive actually started to eat a few more carbs here and there but im eating way less than I ever have. I think my stomach has shrunk a bit, if that is possible. Still dropping weight though. Also went from 38 waist to a 34, so had to buy new clothes

I did the www.ruled.me 15 day plan to get started. I still use that site for recipes all the time. And they explain Keto in a plain English sort of way that's easy to understand. I don't really count calories but I track my ratios at www.fitday.com. Anyone who says they've tried it and it didn't work THOUGHT they had the ratios right but bet my bottom dollar they weren't tracking it. It's eye opening once you start plugging everything in how little choices can make a big difference. I went from 240 to 195. Slipped a little this spring so sitting at 213 now. I just said this morning starting Monday I'm doing the 15 day plan again to back on track. Went from a 40 waist to a 34. I don't al it a diet anymore. It really is a life style.

3. Member
    Went to the doc yesterday for my bi-annual checkup. He was happy with my progress. I go back Monday for some fasting blood work, looking forward to what that brings. Still sticking to the low carb eating with maybe one meal a week eating whatever I want? I weigh less right now than I have in almost two decades.

4. Member
    I started keto around march/April, I went from 200 down to 175 and kept it steady ever since. Took about 1.5-2 months is all. I jumpstarted my lifestyle change with a 60 hr fast.
    Its been real good so far.
    David Geske
    Boatless Family Man

5. Member
    I am now wearing a size 38 in some shorts and pants, 40 in everything. I started this wearing a size 44 all the time and a size 46 in some stuff. My size 50 regular suits look terrible on me LOL. I had just bought four new suits six months before I started eating KETO in December. I HATE buying new clothes, but in this case I was happy to go buy some new shorts.

I will say I am now eating some carbs. When I say some I may eat a few chips one night a week if we go to a Mexican place. I ate a regular thin crust pizza for the first time in months the other night instead of the usual cauliflower crust. We tried eating carbs on vacation, about the third day we agreed we both felt like crap. We ate very low carb the rest of the week. You just get used to not eating carbs. We have ate some watermelon and berries this summer. That reminds me. We did spurge and split a huge smothered cinnamon bun with ice cream and syrup one afternoon. Goodness what a sugar rush! Once again we agreed while it was good we felt like chit afterwards. I don't think eating strictly no carbs for years on end is feasible for us. I do think we can eat healthy like we are for a long time. My doc is real pleased with al my blood work over the six month period. I get tested every three months. I am scheduled to see a blood doc for something he thinks is unrelated.

I've done keto before and dropped the easiest 30 lbs I've ever dropped, but then we went on vacation and I "treated" myself with a Dr pepper (aka my kind of crack) I fell off the wagon and am climbing back on one step at a time. I'd love to lose 60-70 lbs but honestly I want to lose inches more. My wife and i start CrossFit boot camp Tuesday morning. I've done CrossFit before and love it. Had to quit a couple years ago when my wife changed to a career in real estate and the finances got tight. My wife seems real excited to do this with me, hopefully I can keep her into it.
    1979 Glastron HPV165 140HP Johnson

Taxation is theft!

7. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    There is a real good book(the kind that you are always picking up and reading a page ora chapter of good information) on ebay- $5-$15 shipped. Mayo Clinic Diabetes diet book. All Mayo clinic books(there are a few different ones) are great reference books that are easy to read like a good fact filled magaazine(like a Men's Health mag.) Best of Luck-

8. Member
    I started weight loss in May. Down 40 pounds. 10 pounds from my goal of 155. I started Keto around 3 weeks ago. Lost 5 pounds on Keto so far. I really pay attention to macro percentages and fast intermittently.
    5% carb
    20% protein
    70% fat.
    I normally eat once per day. If I do snack on Jerky or sunflower seeds it is late afternoon. I don't count calories. I run 18-27 holes of golf 2-4 times per week. I am never really hungry and dont think I could eat my 2500 allotted calories if I tried.

I am on Keto for life. I have never felt better, been in a better mood or looked better. I will be 50 in January.

Wife and daughters are now on board and loving it with great results so far.

I travel for work 4 days per week. No real issues staying on diet while travelling. Cheeseburgers, steak, nuts, cream cheese. Biggest problem I have is finding enough fat to overcome the protein.

Mrskinnypants.com has some good info on what to order at fast food.

9. Member
    The cauliflower crust pizza is great. You can’t tell it’s not a thin crust regular pizza. We buy either the plain crust or regular cheese pizzas and make our own toppings at home.

http://eatcaulipower.com/?gclid=EAIa...SAAEgL4t_D_BwE

10. Member
    I started in May at 348 pounds I hit 296 on sunday morning. I do not count anything just lost all the bad stuff and work with keto friendly recipes. My energy levels are great and feel better each day. I have a long ways to go, but will get there. My motto is I ate myself into this shape I am eating my way out. I also really like the pizza recipe I make my own crust.

11. Member
    I need tk th the Cauliflower pizza crust. I have tried the egg/mozzarella crust and really like it.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-pizza

12. Banned
    Down 24 in 5 weeks. 18 more to go.

13. Member
    I'm down 50 pounds and my doctor took me off my blood pressure medication and one of my diabetes medications. Fasting blood sugar has been about 110 for the last 30 days. Go back Tuesday for a checkup. I weight the same I did when I graduated from high school. I'm 60 now. Tried keto for a month or so. Didn't have any energy. I'm limiting myself to about 50 carbs a day. A friend went on keto and lost over 100 pounds. I couldn't understand why you could put butter and coconut oil in your coffee but you couldn't eat an apple or orange.

14. Member
    I started keto diet Feb 26. My goal was to get to 185, I weighed 246. I now weigh 186 so only 1 pound to go, but Im hapy where Im at now. Was wearing a 40 jean, now a 34.

My wife is also on the diet so that helps me, since she is really the one who keeps up with what I can and cant eat. She bought me a fitbit and I use the app to keep up with what I eat, and I get out and walk 4 miles a day.

I feel so much better and my Dr is happier with me too. My BP is down to normal now and so is my blood sugar.

Im adding more carbs and calories to my diet now and just trying to maintain my current weight.
    2002 BassCat Cougar

15. Member
    My weight loss slowed down a bit but I am down to 282 as of this morning for a total of 66 pounds so far.

16. Member
    double post

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Basser100 View Post
    My weight loss slowed down a bit but I am down to 282 as of this morning for a total of 66 pounds so far.
    I was ticking off the pounds there for about 6 weeks and now I'm losing about 1 pound a week. 187 of a 180 goal. Down 35 total

Ive actually got a way from the Keto a little bit. Have been eating some regular dinners and not paying attn to carbs much and also drinking way to much beer. Put 12 pounds back on. Gotta get back to the Keto lifestyle and get to my target of 185
    Ranger R81VS, Mercury 175EFI w/ 25 Tempest

I'm down a total of 24 lbs. I just had blood work done and the Dr. is very pleased with my improved blood glucose levels and overall hormone and stress indicators. Trying to get the wife to up our fat percentages but she's hesitant.
    1979 Glastron HPV165 140HP Johnson

Taxation is theft!

Quote Originally Posted by bkeenom View Post
    I need tk th the Cauliflower pizza crust.
    So Gross!
    My wife made it twice, I almost lost my love for pizza Id rather cheat once in a while and enjoy it!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast