BBC SPONSOR

Anyone run two different brands on their boat?

I am considering running a 9" axiom off to the side of my Lowrance Elite 7ti. The elite 7ti is fix mounted in my console. I want the axiom to be my go to sonar and use the other as a secondary. I assume I can run the transducer off of my jackplate? I would like to transition back to Raymarine, its night and day difference in technology and picture from the lowrance units. I would know, I have owned both of them. I would like to slowly upgrade over time instead of a huge expense at once. Thank you for your input.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

2. Member
    i run a lowrance HDS 9 and Axiom 9 at the console and an HDS8 at the bow. I love the axiom and use it for sonar and structure scan. Only problem i have is when scanning and trying to mark structure I see on the sidescan of the Axiom. If I mark it on the Axiom I am unable to see it up front, but if i mark it on the lowrance (which always has the GPS on full screen) then the waypoint is not directly on the structure. just gets to be a scramble trying to mark things, I either have to do multiple passes to get right on top of it so i can mark it on the lowrance without switching screens. I love the axiom though, thinkings about selling my lowrances and getting two more axioms.
    2013 Ranger Z521 250E-Tech H.O.
    hawghuntersbassclub.org

3. Member
    Yea I use all HDS electronics and a raymarine auto pilot

4. Member
    TRAITOR!!! Just kidding. Raymarine auto-pilot is one of the best out there and a great product.

OP, I think that you will find most guys run the same stuff all the way around. A couple advantages to that..
    1. Waypoint and data network sharing
    2. Minimize the number of transducers

Anytime you mix and match screens, there is no compatibility. Autopilots, radar cameras and other peripherals can work across brands, but that's about it.

That said, nothing wrong with adding to what you already have. After a season with (1) Axiom, you can sell the elite for a 2nd Axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
    Yea I use all HDS electronics and a raymarine auto pilot

5. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by jakekups88 View Post
    i run a lowrance HDS 9 and Axiom 9 at the console and an HDS8 at the bow. I love the axiom and use it for sonar and structure scan. Only problem i have is when scanning and trying to mark structure I see on the sidescan of the Axiom. If I mark it on the Axiom I am unable to see it up front, but if i mark it on the lowrance (which always has the GPS on full screen) then the waypoint is not directly on the structure. just gets to be a scramble trying to mark things, I either have to do multiple passes to get right on top of it so i can mark it on the lowrance without switching screens. I love the axiom though, thinkings about selling my lowrances and getting two more axioms.
    That was one of my concerns as well. I am thinking about this too. I am annoyed by the fact you cant link up and share on the Elite TI units and only on the HDS units, had I known that when I bought them, I would have done something different. My fault for not reading and I sell the stuff, haha.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

6. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Yea you can do that the add and sell to you get the set up you want. Add the Axiom, then a eS unit to the front to share your waypoints to fish. Then sell the unit on the dash and add just a Axiom MFD Or ES to the console.

You can probably get a Axiom 9 in the dash where you had the 7 being it smaller, but don’t discount the eS units that are compatible with the Axiom.

You really only only need one Axiom to update every eS unit. Don’t need to go buy all three brand new Axiom units!!

Thats the beauty of Raymarine!!

Garmin Panoptix and Raymarine A98 is a great combo.

8. BBC SPONSOR
    Looks like I need to swap them all haha.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor