Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone have a white top cap?

How does it hold up?

I've seen some older Triton's that the white looked horrible.

I would image a BC would age better, but not 100% sure.

Thanks
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

2. Member
    My cap is white. With regular waxing and sealing it doesn't look like its aged at all.

3. Member
    I have a basscat and champion both with white caps, stays bright if you clean reqularly.

Mine is white. When I bought it, it was off white. A REAL good wash with some wet sanding and waxing and its WHITE again.
    1992 Gambler Intimidator with a 1998 Mariner Magnum EFI 225

5. Member
    Mine is now 10 years old, looks just like it did when it was made. White is not a bad color for oxidation. It is my favorite because it stays much cooler in the hot southern sun than darker colors that almost remove skin.
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

6. Member
    my white boat still looks great after 18 yrs--lots of wax and TLC basscat much better gel than my stratos
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

There are a polyester in form in the gelcoat and thus they will all yellow to some degree. The coloring varies by the amount of pigments, types of fillers, cure cycles, spray process, quality of resins and more. There are endless impacts to the color aging, though BCB does try hard to use the best product available and does not whence on price. Their processes are developed over time.

No matter the impacts, the coloring on white is always going to see some degree of yellowing because of the material. The degree of yellowing is impacted by those mentions above.

8. Member
    Walk down any dock on any ocean and look at the color of the boats. They are mostly all white or some off color of white. White absorbs the least amount of UV and heat, hence the best color for the marine industry. Really dont understand what the BCB comment above is about. My 2014 Cougar top cap and sides are done in Wimbelton White, looks great, cleans easy and doesn't feel like a frying pan in the sun.

Wimbledon White is already a colored gelcoat, not pure white. Bass Cat White is pure Titanium pigments (titeknox) and not colored other than the resins impact.

So - Which white should i get?
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

Mine is white and I love it. I store in the garage though which is best for any color.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

Only 14 months old but I’m happy with the white. I keep it inside all the time.

Attached Images Attached Images

double post

14. Member
    08 and still as slick as new

15. Member
    I will have to admit I would have loved to have a boat topcap with flake, sparkle, and shine on the water but I didn't find any in my price range or the banks price range when I was buying.

16. Member
    My 2005 Triton is all white with black pins. I keep it in the garage and there is no discoloration. I love the white because it is somewhat cooler in hot weather. Also with white, I tend to clean it better because it really shows when dirty.

17. Member
    I have had a white cap on my last two cats, it is very practical in the Texas sun. No problems with appearance in 15 years with them between the two boats.

18. Member
    Clove I love that yellow. My whole boat could be that color.

C130 that’s sharp also, almost like my PUMA
    2017 Puma FTD
    250 Pro XS
    lowrance gen 3, 9 and 12
    Ultrex 112 36v 45”

Quote Originally Posted by Jetboy View Post
    Clove I love that yellow. My whole boat could be that color.

C130 that’s sharp also, almost like my PUMA
    Thanks, I’m thrilled with my Eyra. My wife just ordered me a new cover for my birthday. I also just bought new mounts for my two Helix units so I’ve got the boat exactly set up how I want it. Just want the black Stalker wheels, they’ll come later.

20. Banned
    Here is a before pic of how the white on my cap faded on 10 yrs, garage kept with cover and then 2 pictures of what it looked like after wet sanding and polishing. final picture is of the match between the cap and side of the boat which wasn't done. Hope it helps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast