Thread: Air Compressor?

Air Compressor?

I'm looking for suggestions on a air compressor for when I'm cleaning my reels.
    I don't always like using my large compressor for this; so; a lot of times I buy the air brush propellant from some place like Hobby Lobby. I thought I might buy a small compressor instead. I've looked at the Iwata, Master Airbrush,
    Sparmax. I don't want anything loud; I know I will need a filter, water separater. I would think I could find an air nozzle that would connect to the hose? Any suggestions.
    Thanks

I don't know anything about these but Harbor Freight has some pretty friendly prices on their air brush compressors.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick H View Post
    I don't know anything about these but Harbor Freight has some pretty friendly prices on their air brush compressors.
    Wont supply enough air for what you are wanting it for. You might check into California air compressors for quiet, compared to the pancake type. Utube them, not sure how small the build them

Quote Originally Posted by brushsjigs View Post
    Wont supply enough air for what you are wanting it for. You might check into California air compressors for quiet, compared to the pancake type. Utube them, not sure how small the build them
    Okay how about a portable air tank then you can refill when need.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"

2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

5. Member
    I have been using a Airbed pump.Works as well as my airbrush.I think they are about $20.00 from wall-mart.

6. Member
    Thanks for the input. I was hoping one of the airbrush compressors would work. Some say they put out 40-60 psi.
    And; all I need it for are short burst.

HF if it works for you great if not return it. Portable air tank is cheaper and will work.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"