Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

G2 vs Yammy 4 stroke

This video speaks volumes on the G2. Makes me want to get one, but my 2007 225Ho is still alive and well so I guess I can wait!

http://www.boattest.com/engine-revie...-4-Stroke_2018

Anybody that's owned or driven both already knows the truth. There's no comparison.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosterman View Post
    Anybody that's owned or driven both already knows the truth. There's no comparison.
    You are 100% correct the best motor I ran till I had problems and customer service from BRP suxs so I will never own another one. My Yammy never given me one bit of trouble!

5. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbotaylor View Post
    You are 100% correct the best motor I ran till I had problems and customer service from BRP suxs so I will never own another one. My Yammy never given me one bit of trouble!
    So you had an issue with a G2? Please fill us in on you model and serial number so we can look up your issues. Or did you have an issue with another model of Evinrude motor? Glad you are happy with your Yamaha product.

6. Member
    Yes I did got rid of the boat when Evinrude would not make the requested fix by dealer. The Evinrude tech was at the shop that day too. So I do not have any of the numbers and yes it was a G2 motor kept going into limp mode. Dealer said it was a computer issue and they would not put a new computer in it so they got it running and traded it off immediately!

7. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbotaylor View Post
    Yes I did got rid of the boat when Evinrude would not make the requested fix by dealer. The Evinrude tech was at the shop that day too. So I do not have any of the numbers and yes it was a G2 motor kept going into limp mode. Dealer said it was a computer issue and they would not put a new computer in it so they got it running and traded it off immediately!
    So you owned a G2 and you have no serial numbers and the Evinrude Tech was there that day and did nothing on a motor with Warranty?? Not much validity in that especially from a member whose profile isn't filled out.

8. Member
    Im on my second G1 and this one has given me some head aches, but Evinrude has never hesitated to fix anything, including a new power head, they also gave me another year of warranty on the entire motor since I had so many problems. I have always heard Evinrude has some of the best service in the market. Cant say the same for Yamaha though but I have never owned one, just going based off what friends have experienced.
    2013 Ranger Z521 250E-Tech H.O.
    hawghuntersbassclub.org

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    So you owned a G2 and you have no serial numbers and the Evinrude Tech was there that day and did nothing on a motor with Warranty?? Not much validity in that especially from a member whose profile isn't filled out.
    Why would I keep all that information if I do not have the motor as far as validity goes you are more than welcome to,call the Cabelas in OKC talk to Kaleb service manger and ask all the questions you want too. If you want anymore info since I was standing there when the BRP guy said he would not replace the computer you are more than welcome to private message me.

10. Banned
    Those evinrude videos are a joke! Can't blame them for trying to get you on their band wagon. Their sales must be realy suffering.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
    Those evinrude videos are a joke! Can't blame them for trying to get you on their band wagon. Their sales must be realy suffering.
    What is really funny is people coming on the Evinrude forum and slamming them for no apparent reason. It's a good look for a BBC sponsor, too. I'll be sure to look you up when I need your service. Not.

12. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim R View Post
    What is really funny is people coming on the Evinrude forum and slamming them for no apparent reason. It's a good look for a BBC sponsor, too. I'll be sure to look you up when I need your service. Not.
    That's the problem Jim he can't service BRP injectors.

Was this really necessary Rich?

14. Banned
    No other manufacture uses this sort of tactic to promote their product. To me its a sign of desperation. If anything, in that video and bunch of others evinrude is bashing other manufacturers and most guys will beleive anything they see on YouTube. So no, i dont think i bashed anything or anyone. Just my observation.

No other manufacture uses this sort of tactic to promote their product. To me its a sign of desperation. If anything, in that video and bunch of others evinrude is bashing other manufacturers and most guys will beleive anything they see on YouTube. So no, i dont think i bashed anything or anyone. Just my observation.
    Well I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then. First of all that wasn't on YouTube and was to my way of thinking a very good, thorough unbiased test of two outboard motors. The test was done by BoatTest.com and wasn't done by Evinrude.
    But hey, if you want to believe the test was fake in some way that's your right.

BassCat-illac
    FastCat Fishin Team
    If you aint first , your last !!!
    All fat girls welcomed !!!!!

17. Banned
    Worked on me...gonna try a G2

18. Member
    I would much rather have a G2 than the POS HPDI I have now!

19. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Al from Canada View Post
    Well I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then. First of all that wasn't on YouTube and was to my way of thinking a very good, thorough unbiased test of two outboard motors. The test was done by BoatTest.com and wasn't done by Evinrude.
    But hey, if you want to believe the test was fake in some way that's your right.
    The guy got permission from BRP to run his own unbiased test Al.....I don't know Rich's problem, but this isn't the first time...

20. Member
    After reading through all of the posts, I finally was able to watch the video. That’s actually really impressive. The torque on that G2 is incredible.

Honestly, I wanted to buy a SHO for my new boat but with that 10 year warranty, I couldn’t say no to the G2 and can’t wait to get it on the water.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast