Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffjoldersma View Post
    what warranty?
    And what is power loading, idling up and then bump the gas to 2000 rpm or so is not power loading, its loading.
    http://gatorbak.com/warranty/

2. Banned
    Reading their warranty makes carpet sound better.

3. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    I live 1.5 miles from the ramp I use 70% of the time, so my bunks stay wet for months at a time. Carpet worried me too much.

4. Member
    Reading their warranty makes carpet sound better.
    warranty on a $200 product of no matter to me. Hull health more important.
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

5. Banned
    What’s the point of gatorbacks. I’ve neber had any issue with carpet.

6. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    Really, you've heard nothing huh??

Quote Originally Posted by rudapa View Post
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rudapa View Post

In this whole post nobody says anything is better about them. Maybe your wet carpet post is a positive?

I'm sure he's just implying that we all thought you would know the positives. If not, then a couple searches would shed some light.
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

10. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    In this whole post nobody says anything is better about them. Maybe your wet carpet post is a positive?
    That's the only one I know

11. Member
    gatorbaks keep water off your bunks. that is the only benefit that I can think of. carpet will stay wet for multiple weeks depending on your humidity levels. someone who fishes weekly in KY will never have dry bunks. Wet bunks can cause hull blisters on any boat made after roughly 2004. Phx has not had a ton of cases reported but we have seen a few on the board.
    2024 Phoenix 818

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by davidsa View Post
    gatorbaks keep water off your bunks. that is the only benefit that I can think of. carpet will stay wet for multiple weeks depending on your humidity levels. someone who fishes weekly in KY will never have dry bunks. Wet bunks can cause hull blisters on any boat made after roughly 2004. Phx has not had a ton of cases reported but we have seen a few on the board.
    Thank you.

I never heard of blisters and my bunks stay wet most of the summer I always figured the rotting wood would be the only issue from them being wet

I always thought the point of them was easier loading and unload (which doesnt seem hard to me) but from the posts in this thread it doesnt seem that way at all.

13. Member
    welcome Jeff. Search on hull blisters. EPA forced changes on hull materials in mid-2000's and result is hulls constantly in contact with water can blister. Some guy from NE put his 618 in the water for extended period of time and the hull was totally eaten up. this convinced me to go gatorbak. Then my carpet on one bunk failed at year 2 so I just made the switch.
    2024 Phoenix 818

14. Member
    Thank you.

I never heard of blisters and my bunks stay wet most of the summer I always figured the rotting wood would be the only issue from them being wet

I always thought the point of them was easier loading and unload (which doesnt seem hard to me) but from the posts in this thread it doesnt seem that way at all.
    Most people never see them because they never look at the hull where it sits on the carpet. I consider gatorbaks or something that will keep the boat dry as a must these days. Any brand can get blisters although some seem to have the problem worse than others. They are cheap insurance.

15. Banned
    Ok saw the blisters.

Another positive for gator hull I’ve already got gouges and chips so was thinking of drop it off for gator hull next oct.

I'll never own a boat without them. First thing I did when I bought my boat.

LUND 1875 Pro Guide 👊🏻✊🏻

17. Member
    Ok saw the blisters.

Another positive for gator hull I’ve already got gouges and chips so was thinking of drop it off for gator hull next oct.
    I agree there. If o ever need any fixes on the bottom mines going to toledo fiberglass to get the gorilla hull. I hope they can make the wings in it. Lol

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    I agree there. If o ever need any fixes on the bottom mines going to toledo fiberglass to get the gorilla hull. I hope they can make the wings in it. Lol
    the wings are above the water line, I dont think they go that high but I have a chunk out of a wing so Ill see when the time comes. Im fine with losing the wings or losing all graphics for that matter under the rail.

19. Member
    the wings are above the water line, I dont think they go that high but I have a chunk out of a wing so Ill see when the time comes. Im fine with losing the wings or losing all graphics for that matter under the rail.
    Toledo does the whole hull. Atleast the ones I've seen. One other benefit of the gatorbaks is stopping invasive species.

20. Member
    I know when I read I could not power load my world was up side down because that was my norm. Now that I see how fast the hull drys and not carrying the lake in my bunks, the world has inverted. Whatever the 30 seconds of effort is required to load is suddenly worth it.

AND, when you can see how your bunks really fit to you boat, it explains the carpet wear in spot x after only 30 loads. Wait 6 months until boards warp to hull and shim up where needed
    2024 Phoenix 818

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast